Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I’m pretty sure this is a Ford Model T axle grease cap, but I don’t know much about old cars so if there are experts out there I’d love to learn more about this cool relic.

Found it after work today at the same nearby historic house I’ve been detecting lately.
I didn’t find those words (“ford” “axle” “cap”) in a search on TNet, so maybe these aren’t common finds?

Thanks for looking!

- Brian

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1619739688.242926.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1619739696.805117.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1619739703.725452.jpg

Upvote 13

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your beautiful recovery indeed,,Brianc you are doing great out there

OP
OP
brianc053

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good find. Could be more of the old T around?

There are signals all over where I found that item. When I go back the next time I'll dig some more (and I'll take a picture of the awesome barn near where this was found).

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relic find Brian. They are like any other of our finds, as far as common goes. It depends on where you are hunting and even what part of the country you are in. I have found 4 of the Ford caps, and 2 from Chevy. I hunt a lot of homesteads and fields here in Illinois, so I imagine they may be more common for me, according to the places I hunt. Any way you look at it, it is a nice relic from the past. Mine sit in my automotive display case, along with other Model T relics, like valve stem caps, spark plugs, tire pressure gauges, hubcaps etc. Keep hunting that area, you may find more caps or other auto related memorabilia.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions