2nd Seminole War Fort location

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Very excited about today's finds! I am closing in on something and working sections and noting the locations of find.

The small piece of brick is identical to what I have found at other 2nd Seminole War locations and seen at Fort King on display. This was a known 2nd Seminole War Fort area too, but there isn't much to go on as to where anything would have been.

But, I think I may be closing in hopefully, as that piece of a brick from that era made for an excellent sign and find today! I put on my "snake boots" and went deep into an area which has had some activity for awhile, from slaves, to a turn of the Century home and 2nd Seminole War troop Fort and activity in the vicinity or on the very spot.

This is the oldest looking square nail I have ever found attached in picture and various other items that may or may not be related to anything 1830's-1840's ish. The big item with bolts at both end, no idea!?

Possible Fort foundation in the field picture; it is full of muck and cleaning it now, but reminds me a lot of old sugar mill plantation "bricks" used here in Florida and there was similar activity where I was today and also 2nd Seminole War Forts as well. Intriguing.

View attachment 1925740 View attachment 1925741 View attachment 1925742 View attachment 1925743 View attachment 1925744

Upvote 3
OP
OP
E

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Also found these items within the area. No idea on how old shovels of that shape/style go nor fish hooks. At least it is more than likely from a turn of the Century homestead. View attachment 1926086 And still no idea on what this is, but seems very old and given the vicinity, I am very intrigued on it. Square bolts attached on each end. View attachment 1925742

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

EagleEye1

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks all! I have poured over maps and various things, but there were no known dispatch returns, but it was indeed there on War maps etc.

I found what appears to be an odd shaped buckshot ball as well here, but I just want ONE musket ball, as I have never found one yet! This area is just all around full of history and I have heard other's have found musket balls there etc too and putting my metal detector to use finally!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread