Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. I got out on three hunts this past weekend at three different locations. I didn't find anything all that old, but I still recovered a few interesting items:

- The highlight is probably the class ring from 1983. I've blacked out the school name in the closeup because I'm trying to contact the owner. If I can reunite the ring with the person I'll post an update separately. It's a nice 10k ring, and my 3rd gold ring of the year!
I included a picture of all the mid-tones I had to dig in order to find this ring. Found it at an old sports field that had produced a bunch of silver coins over the last year (but none this weekend).

- I also found a Millard Fillmore token, but not one from his presidential campaign unfortunately. This token was issued by Scovill (the button manufacturer) around 1950 according to my research; I didn't find much about why Scovill issued the token though. But hey, I was reminded that President Fillmore was our 13th president!

- The one other item I'll point out is the Texas Longhorn belt buckle. I suspect that it's impossible to guess a date on that item, since the design has been used for a long time (and is still) . I included a picture of the back, which has that prong that would have gone through the belt hole.

Other than that, just modern coins (including 2 wheaties), a few less-than-noteworthy buckles and three keys (including a rather old one from the Independent Lock Company (ILCO).
OH: the thing to the left of the keys is some sort of F# musical thing - anyone know what it is from? (says F# on it, and looks like a single-note harmonica reed).

If you sense some disappointment in my post, that's fair - I dug a lot of coins and was surprised that zero silver coins turned up.
And I think I've been spoiled by the older coins I've found last year and this year.
I think it's time to research some new locations!

Anyway, thanks for looking.

- Brian

ei97kfF.jpg JZKSqpo.jpg

j8IBuWI.jpg Me3pdMf.jpg

9Mf8wGV.jpg Cilkqwq.jpg

Upvote 14

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some good outings. Nice variety of finds, and good luck on finding the owner of the Class ring.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome finds that cleaned up very nicely, congrats. such a bummer that you had to pull gold instead of silver :)

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool haul!! Congrats!!

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! Great reminder that the mid tones will “ring” true if you stick with it,

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. I got out on three hunts this past weekend at three different locations. I didn't find anything all that old, but I still recovered a few interesting items:

- The highlight is probably the class ring from 1983. I've blacked out the school name in the closeup because I'm trying to contact the owner. If I can reunite the ring with the person I'll post an update separately. It's a nice 10k ring, and my 3rd gold ring of the year!
I included a picture of all the mid-tones I had to dig in order to find this ring. Found it at an old sports field that had produced a bunch of silver coins over the last year (but none this weekend).

- I also found a Millard Fillmore token, but not one from his presidential campaign unfortunately. This token was issued by Scovill (the button manufacturer) around 1950 according to my research; I didn't find much about why Scovill issued the token though. But hey, I was reminded that President Fillmore was our 13th president!

- The one other item I'll point out is the Texas Longhorn belt buckle. I suspect that it's impossible to guess a date on that item, since the design has been used for a long time (and is still) . I included a picture of the back, which has that prong that would have gone through the belt hole.

Other than that, just modern coins (including 2 wheaties), a few less-than-noteworthy buckles and three keys (including a rather old one from the Independent Lock Company (ILCO).
OH: the thing to the left of the keys is some sort of F# musical thing - anyone know what it is from? (says F# on it, and looks like a single-note harmonica reed).

If you sense some disappointment in my post, that's fair - I dug a lot of coins and was surprised that zero silver coins turned up.
And I think I've been spoiled by the older coins I've found last year and this year.
I think it's time to research some new locations!

Anyway, thanks for looking.

- Brian

View attachment 1926295 View attachment 1926296

View attachment 1926297 View attachment 1926298

View attachment 1926299 View attachment 1926300
Very Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions