A few hours digging in park muck

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
The local park is so trashy, I gave up looking for anything that could be discriminated out.. I may have missed some good stuff, but the high end means coins.. I also discovered something interesting with Canadian coinage.. If you just bury it, or wave it in front of the coil, everything but pennies comes up as IRON.. 'but' once it's been in the ground for a while, they show up in the same coinage range as U.S. coins, even the nickels.. I also discovered, that a 4 inch coil won't work worth a damn on wet soil in a forest.. However, it works great on a beach, or in sand..
Heres what I got the other day, A bunch of pennys, but I did find a 1943 silver king George dime

Attachments

• April19.jpg
    April19.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 414
  • 43_kg_f.jpg
    43_kg_f.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 401
  • 43_kg_b.jpg
    43_kg_b.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 402
Upvote 0
N

NC Barefoot2

You did good regardless if the park wasn't cleaned up yet. Maybe they were waiting for you to pitch in. They sure made those dimes rather large back in 1943 didn't they? King George must of had a say in that too. I hope to get back out myself soon and try once again. Been too busy lately to enjoy life it seems. Thanks for the posting and happying hunting.

OP
OP
GunFarce

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
The next Canadian coin with a 'king' on it may have to be a odd shape just to accommodate his ears.. ;D I hope it's not of both him AND Camilla (A.K.A. The bride of Chucky) Actually, the dime in the pick is about the same size as a U.S. dime, just blew it up for the detail

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

Find more, dig more, post more!

HH

Lonewolfe

F

Floater

GunFarce said:
Oh ya!! and the crushed Screw cap in the top picture!! I 'did' look under the liner, and I 'did not' win anything.. As usual..
Roflmao, I didnt even think to check Mine. LOL Great finds Gunfarce HH

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Gunfarce, it's always a possibility that they'll have to do his pic on a series of coins to get it all, but I think the Queen's tired of his shennigans and may just pin his ears back-thus solving the problem. LOL

OP
OP
GunFarce

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
The Canadian two dollar coin has the Queen on one side, and a Polar Bear on the back.. So, you could say she has her face on the front, and if you turn it over, you can see her bear behind! ;D

OP
OP
GunFarce

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Well, when yer up to yer neck in mud, and only have a few pennies to show for it, ya gotta have a sense of humour.. Besides, if I wasn't hunting and detecting, my wife would just complain that I get ALL my exercise from jumping to conclusions

OP
OP
GunFarce

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Not quite.. Ya gots ta git yer Canajian speekin down right! Its not 'A' it's Eh!
'looks like ehhhh but pronouced 'Aaaaa'
It's like when the gas tank is on 'E', to a woman, that means 'Empty'.
To a man, that means Ehhhh theres enuff... ;D

OP
OP
GunFarce

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
I'm in the promotional products business, so I've got a real good scanner.. I use a Sharp JX330 with a SCSI interface
Those were scanned at 600dpi, for the detail, then they were reduced to 96 dpi in .jpg format for the web..
Thats about all .jpg's are good for..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread