Two hunts, 1st hunt nets 2 Gold, 2nd hunt nets a 1920 Buffalo Nic & 5 wheats

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Two hunts, 1st hunt nets 2 Gold, 2nd hunt nets a 1920 Buffalo Nic & 5 wheats

I was able to get out Sunday to look for the set mark of 35 Gold finds for this year. So I decided to go and visit one of my Circuit parks. One that I know produces Gold. It wasn’t long before I hit two gold child ID bracelets, not together. I spent about an hour give or take, and what a relief. Now I’m at 35 Gold finds for the year.

The 4th photo show how many bracelets I have found so far. A few are missing the ID plates because they wereused to make a ring. The bracelets that I found yesterday at marked with red pointers.

Then I decided to check out one of the circuit demos, which is what I normally do. I managed a 1920 Buffalo Nickel, 5 wheat’s, the oldest dated 1919.
The marble is in bad shape but I think it’s quite old. I’m not sure what the twisted white metal item is, it’s hollow with two holes as if it was part of a necklace, and it looks like Silver. What do you think the white metal is?

Attachments

• 2 Gold Day 1.JPG
    2 Gold Day 1.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 927
  • 2 Gold Day Buf 7.JPG
    2 Gold Day Buf 7.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 902
  • 2 Gold Day Buf 6.JPG
    2 Gold Day Buf 6.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 893
  • 2 Gold Day Buf 5.JPG
    2 Gold Day Buf 5.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 888
  • 2 Gold Day Buf 4.JPG
    2 Gold Day Buf 4.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 908
  • 2 Gold Day Buf 3.JPG
    2 Gold Day Buf 3.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 897
  • 2 Gold Day Buf 2.JPG
    2 Gold Day Buf 2.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 914
  • 2 Gold Day Buf 1.JPG
    2 Gold Day Buf 1.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 914
  • 2 Gold Day 5.JPG
    2 Gold Day 5.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 913
  • 2 Gold Day 4.JPG
    2 Gold Day 4.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 944
  • 2 Gold Day 3.JPG
    2 Gold Day 3.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 2,766
  • 2 Gold Day 2.JPG
    2 Gold Day 2.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 2,714
Upvote 0

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Re: Two hunts, 1st hunt nets 2 Gold, 2nd hunt nets a 1920 Buffalo Nic & 5 wheats

Ant said:
Thanks everybody.

KirkPA said:
Are they 24K?

BDD...Kirk

I think it's rude for you to ask questions in my thread and not make a comment. You do that all the time, in my threads that is. Anyway:
You won't see very much modern day 24 karat Gold jewelry, it’s too soft for that. Pure gold is softer that lead. The bracelets are 14k, which is the same as 58% pure, or the same as 14 parts pure gold to 10 parts other metal (14+10=24). Did you get it?

Hi Bull Durham and thanks. This is what the end looks like and it's very thin.

Well, you didn't specify, so I wanted to know. I am not an expert in craft.

BDD...KirKPA

P.S. Keep striking that Au, bro.

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Re: Two hunts, 1st hunt nets 2 Gold, 2nd hunt nets a 1920 Buffalo Nic & 5 wheats

Thanks again everybody.

ModernMiner said:
Ant,
Unbelievable amount of bracelets. Congrats to you. I've found rings, but no bracelets or necklaces yet.
Congrats on the Buff nickels too.
Is that a CW bullet I see there?
Great post,
MM

Thanks MM. I was wondering about the bullet too. I'll take a better look at it in a minute.

And if anyone has a small Gold bracelet similar in size to the ones I found, try to see if your detector will respond to an air test with it. I air tested two top of the line metal detectors with small Gold bracelets, and they didn’t.

I'd also like to add that the ground was like butter that day, which enabled me to easily dig targets I normally pass up. That’s why I dug so many bottle caps.

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax

I was sipping my afternoon cup of tea three sugar milk Ive cut down from 4. When I saw your finds love the gold nearly chocked on my tea well done.

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

I'm back with the photo MM.
I think that it's just a bullet from the 20's, it looks a little bigger than a 32 but smaller than a 38 ??? What do you think? I see three rings, at least I want to see three rings :).

strike it rich said:
I was sipping my afternoon cup of tea three sugar milk Ive cut down from 4. When I saw your finds love the gold nearly chocked on my tea well done.

Hey thanks stickitrich. Not counting the two bracelets posted in this thread, you can see all of my gold finds for 2007 at this link:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,121785.0.html

Attachments

• Bullet.JPG
    Bullet.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 319

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ant said:
I'm back with the photo MM.
I think that it's just a bullet from the 20's, it looks a little bigger than a 32 but smaller than a 38 ??? What do you think? I see three rings, at least I want to see three rings :).

Hmmm, I give up. It's not like the CW bullets I find or see posted.
Hopefully another TN member can ID it. We have some real pros on this site who can ID them easily.
Good luck,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread