Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a local middle school today just to knock around a bit and discovered it was carpeted with coins! It's a fairly new school so it's all clad so far. Spent a little over two hours and came home with 16 dimes, 12 pennies, 2 quarters and a nickel. I was finding so many dimes I quit digging penny signals so that's why I had so many dimes. One thing about this BH I am using, if it says it's a dime by golly it's always a dime! It seemed like I hit a coin ever foot or so and I only covered a fraction of the available land. This spot will wear you out. Anytime I find a newbie who wants to practice with his new machine or want to demonstrate how my machine works this is the place to go. What am I talking about, I'm still a newbie! ;D

Upvote 0

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Schools are always great places to coin shoot, even if it's mostly clad! Sounds like you have a great spot to hit every now and then! Good luck, hope you find a patch at the school with some older stuff!

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chuck I have a BH Land Ranger.? Got it for Christmas from my wife who said I needed more exercise.? I think she secretly just wanted me out of her hair!

? While I'm at it.....We haven't had rain for a couple of weeks and the ground sure is getting hard!? It's almost impossible to dig over a couple of inches.? When I left out this morning I took a small ball peen hammer with me to pound my Gator digger through that first couple of inches of hardpan.? The little offset on the handle is handy to hit with the hammer.? ?I'm sure glad I did, this dry clay is like condrete until you get down to moisture and then it's like , well......... clay! I fouind 4 or 5 coins either on the surface or just under the surface, one quarte being under a couple of leaves. I usually find a lot of quarters but not today. I did not dig several deep signals because the ground was so hard so that may be where my quarters were. A lot of the deeper tones are probably in the ground at or shortly after the school was built back in the late 80's.

If you were to dig all the hits as I often see advised , you would surely ruin this lawn. The MD sounds off literally every six inches to a foot with some kind of tone. I noticed a lot of pull tabs on the surface and I know al lot of the chatter was from them just below the surface.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Sounds like a fantastic place to goto when your getting low on battery money... ;D
You should really try to dig some of them deeper signals... Deep = Old...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
minelab 1000, before they built the school it was cow pasture and woods. I use to live next to it 40 years ago!

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the same area today and most all the targets were 6" or below. The ground is so hard it is a major task to dig so I will save it until after we get some rain. Still lots of targets!

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clad from first day at middle school.

Attachments

• DSC00035.jpg
    DSC00035.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 255
OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer to relic hunt, but the clad is so easy I can't resist. It helps me learn more about my machine too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions