I got out for a little bit before the rain I went to a old park - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: I got out for a little bit before the rain I went to a old park

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #31
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    13,515
    29608 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by billb View Post
    Truth we just got over a lot of rain and flooding..please stay safe during the storm
    Yeah Bill we?re watching the news by the minute. It?s gonna be huge

  2. #32
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    13,515
    29608 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    I got out for a little bit before the rain I went to a old park

    Will be OK where are used to these things

  3. #33

    Jan 2020
    Florida
    Equinox 600 Garrett Ace 300
    251
    795 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Awesome finds. Love the lead display!! You hunkering down and staying safe? We'll be praying for you guys. That's a nasty one.
    Truth likes this.

  4. #34
    us
    Apr 2017
    East Coast
    Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
    297
    670 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Will be OK where are used to these things
    Truth, hope you are OK & got through it with no physical or property damage & family & friends are OK too. God bless.
    Fat and Truth like this.

  5. #35
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    13,515
    29608 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogtown Hunter View Post
    Awesome finds. Love the lead display!! You hunkering down and staying safe? We'll be praying for you guys. That's a nasty one.
    We Hunkering down out here probably won?t have electricity for another two weeksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3079.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	1945222
    Fat and Hogtown Hunter like this.

  6. #36
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    13,515
    29608 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose The Goon View Post
    Truth, hope you are OK & got through it with no physical or property damage & family & friends are OK too. God bless.
    Jose whatever you did at work everybody?s doing fine we?re not afraid of no hurricane if you can make it through Katrina you can make it through anything well I did have a nervous break down but let?s keep positive lol

  7. #37
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    13,515
    29608 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    I got out for a little bit before the rain I went to a old park

    I want to thank everybody for the kind words it meant a lot to me more than you probably realize it?s times like these where friends and family are important I have a very small family and I also I have not a lot of friends by choice. But I really do enjoy team that never been much on anything else twitters safe spaces Facebook all that crap you?re a good group of guys. My wife calls me the most outgoing loner she ever met. I think this is a good video that explains me so I appreciate all the prayers and if anybody says prayers don?t work just slap them ))) I would say this says it all
    Last edited by Truth; Sep 01, 2021 at 06:25 PM.

  8. #38
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    13,515
    29608 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    I got out for a little bit before the rain I went to a old park

    And there?s one thing we live by and will die by As the saying goes ?laissez le bon temps rouler? And neighbors who even haven?t met their names we all come together it?s a beautiful energy. Long live the south
    Last edited by Truth; Sep 01, 2021 at 06:26 PM.

  9. #39
    Charter Member
    us
    specjalista od kopania paznokci

    Jun 2017
    O-H-I-O
    Garret ATMAX
    17,734
    74390 times
    digging history of my farm
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I want to thank everybody for the kind words it meant a lot to me more than you probably realize it?s times like these where friends and family are important I have a very small family and I also I have not a lot of friends by choice. But I really do enjoy team that never been much on anything else twitters safe spaces Facebook all that crap you?re a good group of guys. My wife calls me the most outgoing loner she ever met. I think this is a good video that explains me so I appreciate all the prayers and if anybody says prayers don?t work just slap them ))) I would say this says it all

    Truth!! I have been wondering. I am glad you posted. I am the praying type, and have been. I will keep you and your wife and all in my prayers. (especially your wife. I seen that prank video you posted) So thankful to see you post.
    Jose The Goon and Truth like this.
    "Those who do not look upon themselves as a link connecting the past with the future do not perform their duty to the world."
    ~Daniel Webster (January 18, 1782 — October 24, 1852)


    My digging site:

    https://youtu.be/Q3rCYkrIq8E

    https://youtu.be/lJ_UbtEwGrc

  10. #40
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    13,515
    29608 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I?m grateful I?ve been in a line for gas for two hours now and I?m almost ready to get my hands around that pump LOL
    WannaDig3687 likes this.

  11. #41
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    13,515
    29608 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaDig3687 View Post
    Truth!! I have been wondering. I am glad you posted. I am the praying type, and have been. I will keep you and your wife and all in my prayers. (especially your wife. I seen that prank video you posted) So thankful to see you post.
    LOL Hey WannaDig It?s all good we got no water flooding that is but where I live on the other side of the lake from New Orleans we got a **** load of pine trees that we used to trade pine oil for liquor oxen and whatever else. So we got a lot of lines down electric pole snapped in half like nothing. But believe me prayers help As a matter fact prayers is what gets us through itI I thank you from the bottom of my heart
    WannaDig3687 likes this.

  12. #42
    us
    Dante

    Jun 2020
    Minelab X-Terra 505 with stock coil or 18.75khz elliptical coil depending upon the site. Upgraded to Equinox 600
    127
    493 times
    Metal Detecting
    See you found two hemingray insulators. I
    Have an insulator collection actually..not an expert on hemingray but they were in Covington Kentucky and muncie Indiana. Moved most of their glass operations to muncie in 1888. They were bought by Owens Illinois in 1933. The particular blue of your hemingray-19 is known as "Hemingray blue" to collectors. The color is a result of hemingray tapping the sand deposits of Hosier side sand dune on lake Michigan. The particular mineral content of the sand gave that color. It was a tourist attraction but it succumb Indiana's glass industry's need for sand. The dune was hauled away bit by bit in rail cars. Ball mason jars used this sand as well if I remember correctly.
    Truth likes this.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/190076...7715855309307/ most updated finds albums. Also contains sea glass finds and some of my glass insulator collection..

  13. #43
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    13,515
    29608 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeDigging View Post
    See you found two hemingray insulators. I
    Have an insulator collection actually..not an expert on hemingray but they were in Covington Kentucky and muncie Indiana. Moved most of their glass operations to muncie in 1888. They were bought by Owens Illinois in 1933. The particular blue of your hemingray-19 is known as "Hemingray blue" to collectors. The color is a result of hemingray tapping the sand deposits of Hosier side sand dune on lake Michigan. The particular mineral content of the sand gave that color. It was a tourist attraction but it succumb Indiana's glass industry's need for sand. The dune was hauled away bit by bit in rail cars. Ball mason jars used this sand as well if I remember correctly.
    I appreciate you giving me the rundown on that they are cool the first time ever found some
    Fat and RatherBeDigging like this.

  14. #44
    Charter Member
    us
    Matt

    Feb 2016
    Maryland
    Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
    445
    662 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Hey hunter I?m not sure what would you suggest me to say to Google by asking a question?
    That's a fantastic question! I would search old lead seals for cans, to try and see the size of which they typically were. I watched a video and the person found remnants of an old can with a lead seal. He stated that they used to seal the can by heating it and putting a bead of lead on it.
    I searched "Did they use lead to seal cans" on google and this is the first thing that pops up
    -" For a long time, cans were sealed with lead solder, which meant the dangerous heavy metal could leach into foods. But, that practice was abandoned long ago.'
    Truth likes this.

  15. #45
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

    Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    3,983
    792 times
    Metal Detecting
    Looks Like a great park to hunt you have there! Congrats!
    Truth likes this.



    Contact us for fastest and best service around!

    We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Nokta Makro Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors


    Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Pounded Park in the Cold Rain
    By bologna321 in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2019, 07:55 AM
  2. Scout trip at new park before the rain hit!
    By kleinerschmitter in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Mar 09, 2016, 06:52 AM
  3. Finally it rain hard, so we went to the park
    By Cuerno in forum Finds - Texas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2011, 12:13 PM
  4. Hunting at the park in the rain, and recent finds
    By midirtdevil in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct 16, 2008, 06:08 PM
  5. New Park, 90 Minutes Before the Rain
    By bazinga in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Sep 01, 2008, 03:01 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0