A hunt with Jack Frost and Mastereagle

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
For those of you who didn't read Mastereagles write up on this hunt, here is a link to his:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,123260.0.html

Carrying on...we did, in fact, travel to our new hunting ground and the sleet started coming down, although lightly. We had gained momentum all day for this hunt and a little sleet wasn't going to stop us.

We arrived and after dressing in our layers and gearing up, we set out hunting. We were in a new part of the yard tonight and it is closer to the main street. We immediately started finding lots of trash. We continued hunting when Mastereagle comes up and grinning like a Cheshire Cat. He holds his hand out and has just found a nice Silver Quarter! In my most serious face, I say, "Where did you get that?" He is immediately defensive and says he just dug it over there. I ignore him and go back to detecting. BoooYahh! Mastereagle 1....Baldingboy 0. (Fourth and Goal)

The sleet picked up shortly after and Mastereagle starts making the first noises about wanting to leave. I pretend I can't hear him with my headphones on and continued detecting in workmanship fashion. Before long, I look up and he is on the front porch of this Huge House and is squawking like a Blue Jay about his ears being cold. Every once in awhile he asks me if I am getting cold. I simply say "no". He is totally unaffected and soon the blubbering disapates and I wonder where he went.

About a half hour later, the sleet is falling like mad and my detecter coil and digger are actually getting slick in my hand and I am wondering what the heck I am doing. Just then, I get a slammin signal at about 6" that I know I have to dig. By this time Mastereagle has once again joined me detecting and now has a big fluffy hat that has quieted his tears.....momentarily at least. Back to digging, I work on this hole for about 5 minutes. The signal is between a bunch of tree roots. Finally I manage to pull up this super cool token that has 25 written on both sides. It may even be an old piece of "play" money as Mastereagle suggested. I think his wife gives him play money to teach him responsibility, so he may be correct.

Even though it was, as Mastereagle said, "miserably cold"..... my buddy and I had a great time as usual. I can guarentee you that two people don't have any more fun than me and Mastereagle when we detect. I give him trouble, but he takes it all in stride. I think he may be hoping he has a place to live when his wife boots him out. ;)

By the way, did you know if you rub two college girls together you can make a fire??? :-X :D ;D

Here is the grand total of all my finds:

100_3863.JPG

I thought this might be half of a silver coin for a minute. :-[

100_3864.JPG

The Big Haul:

100_3869.JPG

My Cool Token or Childs Play Money (Side A)

100_3867.JPG

Side B of same coin/token:

100_3868.JPG

Upvote 0

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Hey BB,

Sounds like a nice outing once again, except for the sleet and all. Nice hall. The 25 token in more likely a gaming token. I've found several in the past and have been told the were common in the 20s, 30, and 40s. I've never found a 25 but have found 5, 10, and 50.....

Again another great adventure for the Two Stooge Crew not to be confused with the 2 Live Crew. Hay send me two of those CGs, I'm getting cold and need to start a fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats,

RR

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Wonderful Finds, and story. Youu guys always brighten up my day.
Joe

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
stoney56 said:
Friendship and dedication. Great combination!! Cool finds!

superduty said:
Mdin at it finest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) ;D :D :)

Stoney,
Great Combination? Some might argue that point. ;)

Superduty,
Thanks....Probably more like a recipie for disaster! :D

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
ridge_runner said:
Hey BB,

Sounds like a nice outing once again, except for the sleet and all. Nice hall. The 25 token in more likely a gaming token. I've found several in the past and have been told the were common in the 20s, 30, and 40s. I've never found a 25 but have found 5, 10, and 50.....

Again another great adventure for the Two Stooge Crew not to be confused with the 2 Live Crew. Hay send me two of those CGs, I'm getting cold and need to start a fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats,

RR

RR,
I am still using them to keep warm. You can have em' in the spring. ;)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
index.php

correction side B
index.php
side A
;) ;D 8)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Sounds like you both had a blast and its nice to know that you didnt wimp out when it got a little cold!
Maybe Santa will bring you something warm for Christmas ;)

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
LMAO and ROFL! You guys are frickin' nuts!

What did me22's face look like when he was crying? :'( ;) :D

You guys are a joy to have on this forum!

BDD...Kirk

P.S. Nice digs, buddy. That 25 coin looks neat.

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Hey BB.....I remember finds like that when I was hunting with a machine similar to yours......(brand name withheld to protect the Innocent)......then i graduated up....lol. Great finds and I'm always looking forward to yours and ME22 tales of the hunt.......HH........gregd573

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs, it's great to see the weather left you undaunted in your search for treasure.

Nat

garyf

Jul 10, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70
It's getting to the point where it's really tough to find a complete pull tab that's still in good shape. But the rest of the finds are nice.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you guys didn't come up with a zipper. I did like the cool posts. Never thought about taking two college girls metal detecting in the cold weather. Hmmmm.
Congrats on a good time.
Burdie

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
I can only imagine what the two of you are going to get each other for Christmas! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o LOL
Keep posting!
Mel

borninok

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
borninok said:
I can only imagine what the two of you are going to get each other for Christmas! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o LOL
Keep posting!
Mel

borninok

Well let me take some of the mystery out of that one... I bought BB a really nice bag to carry his detecting stuff in and a box of zip loc bags since he is always stealing mine!!!!! ;D :D :D ;) Don't worry I already told him because I didn't want him to go out and buy one and I was a little embarrassed of him carrying his stuff around in a white trash bag!!! :-[

As for the college girls they were talking to me until BB walked up and he said to them, "Hi I'm (name withheld to protect the guilty) and I think college girls are sweeeeet, ok I think any girls are sweet, do you want to get a drink or something?" They both then pulled out mace and sprayed him with it. ;D :D ;) ::) I could see it coming so when it happened I was all the way across the lawn. Then they waved at me said goodbye and left in their cars. That is the main reason BB kept hunting in the sleet was so that the sleet would wash the mace out of his clothes and eyes. :D ;D ;D

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
It's a good thing he didn't try to convince them to sit on his lap, saying that he was the REAL Santa Claus. LOL ;D
---Mel

borninok

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like double trouble to me!! :D :D :D What fun! ;D

Great token, BB!!! 8) Congrats!!! Nana ;)

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
KirkPA said:
LMAO and ROFL! You guys are frickin' nuts!

What did me22's face look like when he was crying? :'( ;) :D

You guys are a joy to have on this forum!

BDD...Kirk

P.S. Nice digs, buddy. That 25 coin looks neat.

Gypsy Elf said:
Sounds like you both had a blast and its nice to know that you didnt wimp out when it got a little cold!
Maybe Santa will bring you something warm for Christmas ;)

Bacon Sweater Vest Pork Chop Pants Veal Socks said:
index.php

correction side B
index.php
side A
;) ;D 8)

Kirk,
Thanks, we do have a good time!

Gypsy,
I did ask Santa for something warm, so maybe he will deliver. lol

Bacon Sweater Vest Pork Chop Pants ,
How embarrasing that I reversed sides of the token. I need to pay more attention! ;)
Your user name cracks me up.

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
borninok said:
Keep posting!
Mel

borninok

Some thing Elf said:
Sorry you guys didn't come up with a zipper. I did like the cool posts. Never thought about taking two college girls metal detecting in the cold weather. Hmmmm.
Congrats on a good time.
Burdie

garyf said:
It's getting to the point where it's really tough to find a complete pull tab that's still in good shape. But the rest of the finds are nice.

Natman said:
Nice digs, it's great to see the weather left you undaunted in your search for treasure.

Nat

gregd573 said:
Hey BB.....I remember finds like that when I was hunting with a machine similar to yours......(brand name withheld to protect the Innocent)......then i graduated up....lol. Great finds and I'm always looking forward to yours and ME22 tales of the hunt.......HH........gregd573

Mel,
ME22 will really be surprised. I had to wrap his present early, but I drop food through the slits on the box and shake it real hard daily (it hisses a lot) to make sure his present is ready for his big surprise! ;)

Burdie,
Yeah, just cruise the local Universities and tell them you are a Biology Professer and ask them "If they would like to earn a few extra credit points."

gary,
Yeah, I used to find Busch Comemorative rings everywhere, now they are just in pieces. Even my junk sucks. :P

Nat,
Thanks for the kind words. You have been making some superb finds lately! I always read your posts.

greg,
Yeah, the Whites machines are excellent Relic machines. I don't know what you have now (Minelab?), but I just bought an Explorer II from Mastereagle who made me the deal of the Century on it. I am looking forward to using it as my back up. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread