Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the another state park to do a little swingin. They had raked the beach and I could tell that there had not been many people there since it was raked. It looks like they are raking the beach daily. I could also see coil prints and drag marks of someone walking up and down the beach detecting. I could see that they worked about 2/3 of the beach and was hoping that did not do the water. I geared up and did a few swings on the beach and found 2 pennies so I had hope things would be ok. When I got in the water I found another penny on the third swing and then things were very quiet. After about 15 minutes I found 2 tungsten rings together in 3 feet of water and then nothing but a few pieces of foil for 2 hours. I don?t give up until I am sure every inch has been covered and it paid off in gold and silver. I spent a total of 6.5 hours doing the swimming area and about half of the beach with the ATPro. I always have it set on pro zero with iron audio on, iron discrimination at 30 and sensitivity 3 down from max. (This area has a sandy bottom, but the sand is not deep so I don?t want to hear all the stuff buried in the clay that I can?t dig up.)

I managed to find 48 coins with a face value of $2.95, a key knife, 5 sinkers, some odd rings, a few tabs and tab tails, 2 earrings, an Eiffel Tower charm, an earring back, a bead, 2 bits of chain, a wheatie (1953 D), 4 rings and the ever present aluminum foil.

394A755B-851B-4D2C-A4B7-7173A5CF904B.jpeg

The first 2 rings are a Swiss Tungsten pattern ring and a tungsten carbide ring with the Lords Prayer. There is a nicely patterned 14k earring with a blue topaz (I tested the stone) and a pretty little crystal butterfly made of silver. The gold ring is a simple wedding band. Not a honker, but the biggest gold I have found for a while. It weighs .11 troy ounces or 3.2 grams. The silver ring has a nice pattern. Both rings have makers marks.

49AACD64-934C-415A-B9DB-66D9BBC35706.jpeg 3BEFCA4E-3DED-477F-B3B1-05707A20E87E.jpeg 178EEA78-EFB0-481E-BDE1-3977470F451E.jpeg

The knife is a different find for me. What looks like a key, but is really a small lock back knife. It is of course ferrous and gave an iron signal, but if the signal is big and strong I am going to scoop it. It might be something interesting like this knife or just a big piece of junk that might mask a smaller better signal. I?m not afraid to scoop up trash and make the sand cleaner.

3519131C-A8E5-48BF-B049-CB15920D780B.jpeg

With this being a little used park it doesn?t get a lot of detecting. Lucky for me because it was a good day. I have to go away tomorrow afternoon, but I should be able to get in a few hours at a park close to home (the last 2 were 45 minutes [park 1] and an hour [park 2] away.) Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 17

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Hunt!! Congrats!!! Staying determined until it's all hunted is hard at times, but it does pay off when You least expect it!!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry that same key/knife on my keychain. Only cost a couple dollars but so handy.

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You hit a homerun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread