Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a message from my friend Margo asking if I could look for a pendant with my metal detector. The pendant was lost in a fatal accident of her brother in law. The pendant held the ashes of his late wife. I have searched for and returned dozens of wedding rings, class rings, cell phones, other jewelry, etc... This search was different, as the item I was looking for held someones remains. The accident scene was in the country in a poison ivy covered ditch. Right away I could see it was a very violent accident as there were vehicle parts everywhere. It was 90 degrees the day I went to look. On my way I prayed that I could find this special item for the family. The search was not easy as there were so many broken metal items everywhere and the weeds were tall. After awhile one of my signals was the pendant I was looking for. I decided I wanted to surprise Margo instead of messaging that I had found it. I went to her house where she was having a yard sale, and spent some time learning more about the accident, her brother in law, and his wife. When the time was right I told her I wanted to buy something for a quarter. I said here's a quarter and placed the pendant in the palm of her hand. She was totally surprised. After a thank you hug and a picture, I went on my way. I love blessing people by returning lost items. Last year I found a cell phone for a dad at an accident scene that belonged to his son who passed away in the accident. I thought that that recovery was the most special return to date. Now this return is. Thank you Margo for trusting me to give your family some happiness during this sad time.
1631751653755-png.19135

1631751677692-png.19136

Upvote 33

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow Mike! Thank you for helping people find some kind of comfort in tragic times.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job Mike, another Honorable Mention!

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is truly a great story. I'm sure she will cherish that pendant and the memory of you handing it to her.

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You deserve another honorable mention for a job well done and well told. My vote is in. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done Mike on the return.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My condolences to the family. I am glad you were able to bring a little light to a family who has suffered such losses. I am sure it meant a lot to them. Very honorable, indeed. Its amazing seeing someone can have a calling in metal detecting. In the details. In the details.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike, you are an AWESOME man! :notworthy: Another HONORABLE MENTION vote from me!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story, very strong work- Congrats to you!

OP
OP
Mike from MI

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting