Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I checked with the owner of the home where I found the gold wedding band last week and it turns out he lost it 3 years ago raking leaves. He said when he realized it was missing they had bagged up 15 or 20 bags of leaves. His grown daughter went through the bags and even borrowed a cheap metal detector trying to find the ring, but had no luck. He thought there was no hope of finding it. He was sure it went to the dump with the leaves and didn?t even think about it when he gave me permission to search the yard. He was surprised I was willing to give it up so easily since I worked hard to find it and didn?t find the goodies I was hoping for. I just told him it was the right thing to do and the ring belonged to him no matter how long I worked to find it. He is happy to have it back as you can see from the picture and he tells me his wife is especially happy that the ring is back.

CE14CC02-CB70-4B4B-B52C-29E6B1EF8FF1.jpeg 5472B46F-8BCA-4EF2-95B9-DB82147499C0.jpeg

This is non class ring return number 17 with 19 class rings returned for a total of 36 returns in my 19 years of detecting. It feels good making people happy when their jewelry is returned. Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 31

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always good to see someone,s face light up when they get back something they thought long gone.Good on you!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love a happy ending! Great return!

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right, it is the right thing to do. Whenever I get permission to search someone's yard, I ask them if there's anything they have lost that I can look for. I specifically mention rings. Another thing I like to do is to mark the property markers, if I find them, for them. You'd be surprised how appreciative people are with that.

Scott

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right, it is the right thing to do. Whenever I get permission to search someone's yard, I ask them if there's anything they have lost that I can look for. I specifically mention rings. Another thing I like to do is to mark the property markers, if I find them, for them. You'd be surprised how appreciative people are with that.

Scott

Great idea with the property markers!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for the post and the example for all of us, wtg

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super job TNT!!! Thanks for putting our hobby is such a positive light! Honorable Mention for sure:icon_thumleft:

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being honest feels good, you must feel exceptionally good with all those returns! :notworthy:

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You?re a good man tnt
Honorable mention

I love a happy ending! Great return!

Good one! TNT, you are a detecting machine. Gary

Scott

Great idea with the property markers!

thanks for the post and the example for all of us, wtg

That's awesome!

Super job TNT!!! Thanks for putting our hobby is such a positive light! Honorable Mention for sure:icon_thumleft:

Thanks everyone and that is a good idea srcdco I will have to remember that if I locate property markers. You are all very kind. Stay safe and keep swingin.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TNT-Hunter,

Another great story and another great return - 36 returns, wow. Keep up your posts as I always enjoy reading of your adventures. I second Truth - my Honorable Mention vote is in. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great find and story, thanks!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story and return