Cool beach find today

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Got up early and went back to the beach this morning with the X2. Alot of the same except this time I left the sinkers. Way too heavy to lug them around this time. I put them on a rock for a fisherman to find. I wound up with 112 clads and this cool looking silver pendant with a pearl in it. It's hinged so it can open up. The saltwater turns the silver to purple. Any ideas on how to restore it? Tomorrow it's a meet up at the breakfast joint then off for some relic hunting with the X5's. Happy hunting all.
Mike in NJ

Attachments

• 128.jpg
    128.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 980
  • 128aa.jpg
    128aa.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 981
Upvote 0

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike,
That is an interesting pendant. Great finds.

I think I'm done for the season...NJ is too cold for me.

Good luck

NJ

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat pendant!! Wish our Ohio weather was good enough to go hunting.
It's cold and another storm moving in.

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Ricardo_NY1 said:
That's a healthy clad haul Mike. Congrats on the pendant.
Thanks Ricardo. Today put me over 4,000 clad coins for weekends only for this year.
Happy Holidays, Mike

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Mike95inNJ said:
Ricardo_NY1 said:
Thanks Ricardo. Today put me over 4,000 clad coins for weekends only for this year.
Happy Holidays, Mike

Now imagine we if we could afford to get out three or four times a week?! Time is my biggest setback Mike. I can only put in full hunts on every other weekend. I sneak a couple of hours in between here and there. I've lost count of my clad, but I think it rests somewhere around 2000. What was the final outcome of that virgin park where you found the Morgan and other silver? I remember you were trying it out for gold.

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Ricardo_NY1 said:
Mike95inNJ said:
Ricardo_NY1 said:
Happy Holidays, Mike

Now imagine we if we could afford to get out three or four times a week?! Time is my biggest setback Mike. I can only put in full hunts on every other weekend. I sneak a couple of hours in between here and there. I've lost count of my clad, but I think it rests somewhere around 2000. What was the final outcome of that virgin park where you found the Morgan and other silver? I remember you were trying it out for gold.
I have'nt been there in a few weekends but it was around 50 silver coins and approx 12 pieces of silver jewelry. A few indianheads, buffalos, and a couple 1800's foreign coins and such, but still no gold. I'm definitely not done there yet. Alot of targets left to dig but not many (that I can find) of good coin signals. At least one day of the weekend is devoted to relic hunting the older sites in Jersey for me now.
Take care, Mike
Take care, Mike

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
You just never know what will pop out next, cool find Mike. Amazing the pearl is still in there, congrats and thanks for sharing!

Smiles!
BDoo

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,
cool cool finds...take a real close look at that pearl pendant, it looks like its hinged..if it does open, and you can remove the pearl, before cleaning...do it that way..otherwise, the pearls finish may be removed during the cleaning process and make the pearl dull looking... lemme know as it does look like its hinged.

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Nice finds, Mike. Cool pendant.

Good to see the beaches are still producing at this time of year.

Would love to see a pic of the pendant after it's cleaned up.

Thanks for sharing.

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
Mike, Nice pendant as well as other great finds. Way to go !!!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions