Found lost wedding ring

ILseeker

Jun 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's dfx with sunray probe Explorer SE Pro
I was talking to a co-worker Friday and he said he had lost his wedding ring this summer. He had been using a backhoe at his house and got into a soft spot and got it stuck in the mud. After he got it out he was cleaning the mud off with his hands, and when he got done he realized his wedding was missing. Saturday in between rain showers I went to his house and we started looking for it. When I pulled the plug out of the second hole I dug, there was the ring in the bottom of the hole. After we both did the happy dance, he took it to the house to show his wife. They were both very excited. And I think i created a new md'ing buddy. He said is going to buy a metal detector so we can hunt together next year.

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
First off, welcome to TNet!!
Fantastic recovery buddy, WTG on finding his ring.
Can you get a photo of the happy recipiant with his ring. Love to see that smile!

Congrats on the good deed!

BDoo ;D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TN ILseeker.
Great job finding that ring. It's an awesome feeling isn't it.
Looking forward to seeing more posts from you.
-MM-

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome to TreasureNet. Glad you are here. Great job on finding the wedding ring. Would love to see pics if you have them.

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Now, that's the "good stuff!"

Sure wish you could call the local newspaper and have them do a small new article!

Actually, they may pay you to do the article!

Congrats!

Cavers5

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Another convert to the metal detecting hobby! WTG! Great job!
Mel
borninok

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job little brother. Let me know when you want me to box up my extra machine and send it to the guy ;D

THEBELLI

Nov 28, 2007
LONG ISLAND NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
CLASSIC ID5 WHITES
NOW THATS WHAT MAKES THIS HOBBY SO REWARDING SOMETIMES U FIND BURIED TREASURE AND SOMETIMES YOU RECOERY IT HOPE HE BOUGHT YOU DINNER PS LET YOU BUDDY CONTACT YOU LOCAL PAPER ITS GREAT FOR THE HOBBY AND A GREAT HUMAN NATURE STORY SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS BUT MY CAP LOCK IS LOCKED TRYING TO GET A NEW KEY BOARD CHRIS

speedy62959

Nov 7, 2007
This is the pepsi man. Hey the exact same thing happened to me. When seen you guys a couple of times at the fair grounds, I would visit a buddy on the way back. His grandfather was there telling him that he lost his wedding ring. I offered to look for it with my old coinaster. I didn't think I would find it because my buddy told me he probly misplaced it. I didnt think there was much hope. I went over there and asked him where he thought he lost it. I didnt find a thing so started to detect the whole yard. I found right by the steps in to the house. He was so happy!!! his wife had passed on. He asked me what it cost to do that. I told him the look on his face was enough. I felt even better when I found out he was a ww II.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story! Congrats on the find and a new huntin' buddy! ;)

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread