Sundays Finds, and First Merc in Almost uncirculated Condition Woohoo!!

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile guys, been busy working and the only thing that I have been finding when I had some spare time was clad. I figured that there are enough pictures of clad on here lol. Anyways, I tried a new park today in a neighboring town, and boy am I glad I did. The token that looks like a washer says "The Antlers Hotel Good for in merchandise". I am assuming that since it is shaped like a 0 it is supposed to mean zero dollars in merchandise. Shortly after I found it I found my first merc, and boy it is beautiful. No signs of wearing on it at all. Some poor stoner must of lost his Pot Bat for me to find, too stoned I guess lol. Can anyone help me on the Mary pendant, it looks like silver, but all it says is Germany on the clasp, and on the back of the actual pendant itself it also says Germany. I have included a picture of the back of it. On the front underneath Mary it says 1830. I cannot imagine that this thing dates back that far, can someone shed some light on it????? Anyways, hope you guys enjoy the pics. I use a dfx, in case you could not guess by my username. Remember that the road to riches is paved with pull tabs lol.

Enjoy,
Loren Farrar
Founder of http://www.easystopgiftshop.com

Attachments

• sunday1.jpg
    sunday1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 307
  • Sunday2.jpg
    Sunday2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 264
Upvote 0

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
That's some good looking stuff. Nice Merc.

The Antlers Hotel item is very likely from the historic old Antlers Hotel here in Colorado Springs. The original hotel burned and was replaced by another Antlers Hotel. The hotel still exists but is now known as the Antlers-Doubletree Hotel.

tchaire

Oct 4, 2004
Good finds.

The 1830 date on the Mary pendant probably refers to the apparition of Mary that appeared in Paris in that year. I'm guessing Germany is where it was made.

T. Haire

O

Oddfello

Nice finds. I love the merc and the pendant as well. Keep on diggin' and of course showing us your finds.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice finds!!!
A lot of those pendants have that date on them, but i can't remember what it represents... You might try to search some of the older post, or I'm sure someone will eventually have the answer for ya here...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff!

I have one of the same pendants, it has the same date at the bottom,

yours looks in better cond. than mine!

HH

Lonewolfe

F

Floater

WOW, What a find LUV. That must have been a big WOOHOO. It is almost uncirculated too.Nice pendant too. HH

OP
OP
luvmydfx

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
Klaatu, I believe that you are correct on the token. I am in Montana, so Colorado Springs is not too far away for this token to have made it here. I found a really good article on the internet, and read all about The Antlers Hotel history and how it burned down and the fire almost spread through the whole town. Then they rebuilt it like you said they did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions