onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
getting permission to hunt a no trespasing area was a long drawn out chore dealing with a major insurance co. who has donated the land to a well known charity.seems u have to go through there legel department which takes a lot of time . seems they do not want any libalities if u get hurt digging a 4 in hole?well anyway after talking to several people who have no idea what a metal detector is my son and i get ready to hunt 40 acres on untouched amusment park land which has ended up in a yuppie subdivision.with papers in hand we re off first two hours 53 hits..some clad some not some 60 era pull tabs ,u know the ones that use to work in the parking meters..dime size.oh by the way park was closed in 65.the good part of this story is the south side of field a buts some enviro bechs back yard. from the time we just got started she comes down on us for being on what she thinks is her land ..we show the papers from the ins. co legel that we have permission till the end of sept.2005 to detect the entire area.she doesen t care...calls trhe local police..we re advised to leave till they can resolve the situation we wait 3 months the cops are slow..the woman impossible to talk to says the presence of us and the detector noises bother her dogs.that was enough war has begun.we felt having some fun with this beachs brain would be more fun then detecting..we waited 3 months found out her husband works late nice guy but crabby.one evening, after 4 of those cheap 2 million candle power flash lites some painters outfits masks and yellow hard hats we lite up the place we buy dinner for the local fire dept.in trade for a nice red and white light show..after about 3 minutes the goofs come out in a panic I tell them .....have to stop now it gets better ....any way i m sure after they had to fork over the nite in the hotel they wer nt happy.and we cleand up the southern perimiter till the batterys ran out of our spots..it was worth it..and hope the nothern part will be just as fun...goodnite.

Upvote 0
F

Floater

Nice Work Onfire. Where the hec do you live? That amusment park sounds great. Too bad about the Lady but you did your homework so she should have just minded her own business. Some people just never learn. I like your spirit too. Please post some pics of your finds and maybe a few of the area we would love to see it. HH and thanks again for a good post.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is always some crazy old crabby ,tree hugging bat somewhere. Sounds like lots of good finds to come!

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
cut the poor old guy some slack I mean he has to live with that woman---ROLMAO but that is great---I would light a fire under the PD and tell them that since the legal dept of the land owner gave you permission and time is running out----ya might wanna see if the owners have lines ran marking the property---and if they do i would hug that line and make the dogs go ape sh---t and then when she comes out aske her to keep her dogs quiet cause you feel they are disturbing the peace and they firghten you

captain ahab

Jan 4, 2005
colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Great job on getting permission and sticking to your guns. Any pics to go with this great story?...MD finds or painters outfits and hardhats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions