silver again!!!

krimic

Mar 28, 2005
Metro East, Illinois
found another silver pendant today in a new park that I have been working for about two weeks off and on. Thus far I have found about 35.00 in clad two silver pendants, 2 wheats and an added bonus. I was talking to a parks and recreation guy and he told me about a part of the park that used to have an old barn on it. You can still see the outline in the grass where the barn once stood. 5 foot from that outline I found a medallion that I believe goes to a panther saw and a 1910 wheat. The medallion says woodrough & mcparlin 1880, I like the date!!! Hope everyone is well and HH. Sorry no pic of the 1910 wheat but it is in really bad shape.

Attachments

• 4-25-05.jpg
    4-25-05.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 301
  • 4-25-05-2.jpg
    4-25-05-2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 309
  • panther.jpg
    panther.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 295
  • pantherhdl.jpg
    pantherhdl.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Cool finds! I found one of those saw-bolts about a month ago. I had no idea what it was at first, but some helpful folks on the forums straightened me out! Very cool!

The pendant is beautiful! I'd say you had a great day!

Congrats!

Oh yeah, here's my saw-bolt and a cool old button from the same place:

Attachments

• tollhousefinds.jpg
    tollhousefinds.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 319
  • tollhousefinds.jpg
    tollhousefinds.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 249
OP
OP
krimic

krimic

Mar 28, 2005
Metro East, Illinois
brandy said:
I believe your right on about the medallion. Is that a gemstone in the pendant? Very neat. HH
When I first found it my heart skipped a beat and I started talking to myself. I then took it to a jewler and he told me the stone is cz it is still very pretty though..

OP
OP
krimic

krimic

Mar 28, 2005
Metro East, Illinois
beetle662 said:
Cool finds! I found one of those saw-bolts about a month ago. I had no idea what it was at first, but some helpful folks on the forums straightened me out! Very cool!

The pendant is beautiful! I'd say you had a great day!

Congrats!

Oh yeah, here's my saw-bolt and a cool old button from the same place:
Did you ever find any history on your saw bolt everything that I found was very little, I have sent out a couple of e-mails to antique tool collectors to see if they could give me more info as to the age and how long the panther saw was in use... Nice button HH

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, keep going, there should be more there!!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread