Best Day Ever...

Huizer

Jan 27, 2005
Hi all,

Well I finally got out today. It has been raining for days and today there was a break in the weather. I went back to the local park where I found a 1928 dime. I started getting back in the groove--I have only had my XLT for 2 weeks now-- I almost forgot the way it works. The way it talks to you. Anyways it was my best time out yet. ever. I got a good signal 7 inches down, dug a nice plug up and made the hole deeper. nuthin. Then I see that glint and the reeded edge and from the side of the hole I pulled out a 1938 quarter. To my surprise there was a 1957 penny stuck to it. That means that this quarter was in circulation until atleast 1957 but probably more. Ever since my first metal detector I have wanted to pull up a silver quarter. A few minutes later and in the same area I pull up a 1919 dime. Better shape than the 1928 dime I dug last week except there is a ding in it. Not from me. Alright, things are going good at that point. Next find surprised me as well.... a 10k gold medic alert bracelet. My first gold find ever!!! Sweet! I also dug a few newer coins and a 1940 penny. some of the newer coins were so crusty. At least I thought they were new....When I got home I was cleaning one of the unidentifiable coins and I cant believe I found an Indian head penny. What in the world are you doing in a park in Dundas Ontario? I cant see the date on it, so I will soak it. I guess it shouldnt be that uncommon as I find American pennies all the time, but to find an Indian?? Cool. My evening consisted of many firsts. I will be back.

Huizer.

Attachments

• PDR_1368.JPG
    PDR_1368.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 406
  • PDR_1369.JPG
    PDR_1369.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 405
  • PDR_1370.JPG
    PDR_1370.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 406
Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Silver & Gold,,, You got to love it... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds!

I'd hit that place again for sure!

HH

Lonewolfe

F

Floater

Nice Finds Huizer. That gold has to feel good . Congratulations and definetly hit that place again!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions