i have a question????

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be ready to go (at least in factory/pre-set settings) it will be.

For more advanced settings (saved programs you've already made & saved), when changing coils, there are certain things affected, and or that work differently, and you will need to adjust for them.

If you have Jeff fosters book (Digging Deeper with the DFX), refer to it.

HH

Lonewolfe

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Most likely a few slight changes will need to be made. But that's with any coil. Sometimes the program is to hot for the grounds your in and it will act erratic. You will here lots of little beeps constantly. If it's stable it's quiet until it hits something. When unstable it's beeping all the time. You will want to back down the a.c sence maybe to 55. If that doesn't do it turn the pre amp gain down 1. That will fix that. If you want to achieve alot of depth with the unit. Crank up the a.c sens and the preamp gain. Also go to disc edit and have it accept -80 through plus 95. You'll get really deep that way. I wouldn't crank it up that much unless your grounds can handle it. -40 through +95 will get you deeper than the preset programs. It will be more sensitive also. Then go to block edit and block out -41 through -95.

I would more and less concentrate right now on using the coin program and coin jewelry program. Just turn the volume up set the threshold at 10 and when stable turn the a.c sense up to 85 and preamp gain at 4. It will beef up those programs for ya until you get really familiar with the machine. It takes alot of hrs to learn a machine like this. I have thousands of hrs on the dfx and know it front to back.?

Hope this helps HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread