whites DFX

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
I didn't bash him until he said my unit couldn't find coins. I have the most respect for all the treasure hunters in here. When someone says something negative you better believe I'll be on it.

I don't care what unit a guy runs as long as he is here just to be cool look at finds it's a nice place to be. There's no hard feelings. Minelabs are great detectors. It all just got a little out of hand. There's so many opinions in this hobby and it makes it tough to really say what is and what isn't the best.

Most of the detector companies out there make damn good detectors. I know of a few brands like troy Shadow x5. There's alot of detectors out there that will find stuff. Bottom line is you need spots to hunt consistently.

I been through alot more in this hobby than a few lines on the net. Take care guys it's all cool.

R

rvbvetter

Dogonnit!!?? Just when i was telling him it was safe to come out from under the table!

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
JerDfx, I am not mad either, th reason i mentioned the EX II was because it seems lik eeveryone is forcing their opinion on them, its always the
dfx so i wanted to give my opinion, and i wasent saying that ur md'er could't find coins, i was saying that the EX II was better at finding coins,
I know that the dfx Is almost as good as th EX II, and by th eway i owned an XLT 5 years BEFORE i owned the EX II....
and i HAVE used the DFX, and i did find cool stuff, take O7 for example he finds more stuff than anyone on here and he owns the EX II, I am jsut stating my opinion, cause u already staed urs, HH all, CS p.s sorry for the typos :-[

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
My wife runs an dfx and it is a finding machine....we do alot of coin shooting but also alot of prospecting and ghost towning.....and her dfx can do it all, even with the preset programs....now my xlt is an awsome machine and i do find more stuff then she does...reason being i know my machine a little better....another factor is whites customer service....it cant be beat...my dog chewed thru the coil wire so we drove up to whites in sweet home or. about an hour from my house...wink wink...big plus...and the guy there gave...let me repeat that gave her a new coil....can you say whites customers for life....going to get my 11 yr old boy an mxt...then we will have all the bases covered....just my two cents
lone gunman

Treasure-Diver

Feb 8, 2005
Houston, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE W/ SunRay X-1 Probe
BH Pioneer 505
Fisher Impulse UW Pulse Ind.
Fisher F2
Okay guys, I like chaintown am also taking a very hard look at some top end machines. I currently have two metal detectors a BH Pioneer 505 (Wal-Marts top of the line ;D) and a Fisher Impulse underwater machine. I really want a top end machine for land hunting. One of the biggest and most important things that I am looking for in a new top end machine is I-D-E-N-T-I-F-C-A-T-I-O-N! I want a machine that will let me know with some kind of certainty what the heck it is under the ground before I dig it. Depth is somewhat important but I really don't want to be digging a 3 foot hole for an ancient soda can. I find a ton of clad with my little BH 505, but I have nearly gotten to the point of not digging nickel or foil signals because of trash. I hunt in the evenings after work and can dig a ton of coins if I ignore the low tones. I want the best of both worlds lots of coins plus a good degree of confidence to dig the nickel/gold tones. Brand is NOT an issue. I am torn right now between the White's DFX and the Minelab Explorer II. Both fantastic machines about the same price. If some one was to come out with a machine that would totally notch out aluminum I would buy it on the spot I don't care if it was made by mattel. One other little comment or observation. I look at post like this one to get insight on the machines I'm looking to buy. Not "My metal dectector is better than your metal dectector" I would much rather see stuff like plus and minuses on your machine. I like the DFX because of ...... or my MineLab is great but I wish it would do this ..... compare the machines abilities don't run down the machine because of the name. That doesn't help us poor guys out here trying to figure out what great machine we want to buy. We already know the machines are top of the line. We need the lucky owners experience and advice so we can join your ranks. HH and Good Luck to all no matter what your swinging.

A

another _novice

Here's a question that might be dumb.

Are any new high end detectors from White, etc. coming out that people will look at and regret not being able to buy because they just upgraded?

O

Oddfello

Treasure-Diver-

I can not give a comparison as I have never used a EXII. However I just wanted to say that as a relative noob (been doing it about 3 mo.) I have gotten a handles on the SignaGraph feature of the DFX. My finds thus far have been spot-on to the signagraph identification of the machine, and simple enough that I could pick up on it right away.
That feature alone really makes the machine worth while to me. If you have a dealer near you I would go and ask the salesperson to show you this feature, as well as corresponding features on other machines you are thinking about and go from there.

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its odd that there are people trashing you coin saver for giving good advice. I think of this site as a whites fan club. I ran my minelab ex ll against serious hunters with whites and none of them were laughing at it. I could go on, but no serious metal detector trashes the minelab. And NO serious metal detector trashes the white. After 40 years of detecting I have found the explore ll to be one of the finest detectors out there. Of course, if my teknetics had not given up the ghost I would still be using it. I loved that Mark lv. It never did take well to diving though. ;D cheap detector. I think I paid almost 800.00 for it in 1984 You'd think for that much it would have taken kindly to swimming. :) of course; I never find anything so what do I know. You'd think after forty years I would have found something.

Wild Boulder

R

rvbvetter

Chain town; You go down and get the Dfx. You can't go wrong.
Treasure Diver; You go down and get the ML EXP II. You can't go wrong.

If it turns out you don't like them. SWAP!

Glad thats settled, because we have the Ford and Chevy guys coming in next.

R

rvbvetter

Surfrat; My cat can whup your dog.
Y Heck. My cat can whup me. HH

D

Darod

lol

It's amazing what some posts bring out of people. Like a bunch of kids,...me included :)

Forget the name brand, that doesn't matter at all! The machine performance is all that matters. Treasure and CTown,.. weed out the performance and feature comments and work from there on your decission. Sorry I have no advice other than that to offer. I don't own either machine (DFX or EXII) :-[ :'(

Good luck,

Rod

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
JerDfx, is an example of how good the DFX is, Ocean7, is an exampe of how good the Explorer II is, I wish Ocean7 was here so he could share some of the finds he has, let's get it behind us agreed? lets keep on diggn', ;D No hard feelings to Jer, or anyone else on here, i've been on here awhile and nobody has rly been RUDE, I have had my share of dissagreements, but its all cool, so HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. CS
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
No problem coin saver, I feel the same way. We weren't helping anyone by going back and forth. I was probably in a bad mood that day. And to boot I don't think the guy who even posted this is even around.

I just look forward to seeing all the treasure that is found by the rest of you guys. Brand of detector is really the last thing I think about while looking over people's finds. To be honest with you I never think about it.

Moral of the story is. Any unit you decide to buy you have to learn well. There's alot of guys out there with 500.00 machines that will out hunt the guy with a 1000.00 dollar machine. Not that his unit is better. He just knows and understands his detector better. The more time you spend in the field and the more finds you make give you the experience.

Keep at it everyone. I haven't been out since sunday with all the rain here in p.a. Would like to get out here tonight for a evening hunt but looks like rain again. I'll keep you guys posted because treasure hunting is something I love to do.

HH Jer

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure-Diver said:
I am looking for in a new top end machine is I-D-E-N-T-I-F-C-A-T-I-O-N! I want a machine that will let me know with some kind of certainty what the heck it is under the ground before I dig it.

Most of the mid/upper to high end machines "all" do this to a certain degree (but)

there's is no "infa-red / x-ray" detector available for us to buy that is 100% accurate in target identification through letting you "see" what's in the ground!

Until there is, you'll have to join the rest of us, and get to know your machine to the best of your ability, and use your own best judgment based on yrs upon yrs of experience when deciding if you should dig a target or not! ;D

HH

Lonewolfe!

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im an union electrician and haven't worked in two months and looks like I probably won't work for another two months. So I really appreciate the humor. When I first bought the minelab I thought I was going to have to call the I.O. and have him come out and make the sign of the lightning bolt and say a few words over it , like ampere coulomb, and voltage so I could recieve a special dispensation to use it. :) Seriously I have always bought american and felt guilty about buying that foriegn thing. But after using it, its here to stay. That tells you what I think of it. I may have to get used to buying foriegn. I want a table saw and I can't find one made in the U.S.A. I joke with my buddies all the time about their whites and they joke about my minelab, but when we hit the field we are having so much fun it does not matter. Just for the record though my kid claims his wal mart bounty hunter is better than my explorer.

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I forgot to tell you treasure. When I first got my minelab I took it to a trash swimming hole and used the preset and got nickles and only two pulltabs. I was extatic. We don't have a dealer here in the springs, they have come, they have gone. The only one who had the dfx was a place called Hobby Lobby. I went over their because I was seriously thinking about buying one. The kid had gone to a 10 miinutes whites lecture when He should have done at least 20 minutes. Needless to say I didn't buy one, but the point is I was seriously looking at it and had nothing bad to say about it. You're talking to a man who attempted to metal detect with a wwll mine sweeper. I did find a buried car but it didn't do much gooda s I didn't have a drivers liscense. I swung a whites in I think it was 65. I forget when I swung that garrett. I swung the teknetic in 84 and used it up until 02 s
when the thing refused to swim. I got a bounty hunter in 02. It was a lot better at swimming than the tecknetics. :) The thing is buy a metal detector take your kids out and sat at a campfire and make them talk to you. With the kids it is not the metal detector that is important it is the hunt. Wouldn't it be a shame and one day you had the most expensive metal detector in the state, but your kids wouldn't talk to you. The truth is very few of you are going to get rich with those metal detectors, some will, some will hit the lottery. The gold is the time you spent with those kids as they were growing, Looking at gold nuggets in treasure magazines, convincing yourselfs you can find the treasure no one else will. Thats the gold my friends. I hope you didn't miss it. Then when they leave, you know they'll be back. You still have the detectors :D

Wild Boulder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread