Jan 6, 2005

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0
F

Floater

Just drop over to the mall jeweler and hve him/her put it on the sizer rod. It will get it round again. If there are nicks then you could use the jewelrs anvil or some very nice small hammer and some brass bars and rods . Easily available at the Home Depot. Nice Finds and Congratulations. HH

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Nice finds Upier! Here's what I do for small bent rings....Put a wooden dowel though the hole and roll it back and forth on another piece of wood. No chance of scratching it and less chance of breakage if you take your time. HH~CO2 ;D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Myself, I use a sizing rod and a small leather head hammer but a couple of wooden dowels and a small regular hammer wrapped in a couple layers of cloth should get the worst of it back to size. It doesn't hurt to have a few different sized dowels handy, each about 6" in length. Most rings are about size 6-7. Did have one mother's ring that was size 14 (YES-14), must have been a big mother.

Altiman

Aug 1, 2004
Wild Wild West
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I use sockets from the ole tool chest and a little propane heat from a torch. Tap tap done. No scratches and the heat keeps the thin metal from cracking.

Altiman

E

Enloe Relics

Upier

What part of Utah Do you live in I'm in St. Geroge! do You hont Ghost towns! Let ME know!

OP
OP
upier

upier

Jan 6, 2005
thanks for the information all .. them are some great ideas that i did not think about . like the socket and torch

im up north near salt lake Enole Relics but would be swee to hook up sometime and hunt a spot or maybe two spots but if we find too much them dalmations may want them spots back.

C

chaazz

Yeah take it to a jeweler in your area and as long as it isn't broken they can pound it out and make it round again in a couple of minutes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions