Fresh CW finds from a new site

mfjohnson

Dec 24, 2006
Live in Franklin, TN, hunt in Nashville, Murfreesb
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero and Tigershark
I was able to join a friend of mine and dig at a site he had last visited 10-15 years ago. I wasn't really expecting much since there must had been a reason he had stopped visiting it. However, I was surprised. It was a beautiful day and an interesting site. This site is a hill with some hastily constructed and still somewhat visible yankee earthworks/rifle pits that were thrown up just before a skirmish. The dropped Minnie's and sharps were from just in front of them. The other fired bullets, case shot and canister were found on the slopped ground in front of the hill. After spending about 3 1/2 hours we decided to call it a day.

Also, do any of you all know if the smaller bullet is period? I can't seem to ID. I'll try to post the weight/circumference latter
Thanks for looking,

Mike

Attachments

• DSCN0255.JPG
    DSCN0255.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 680
  • DSCN0274.JPG
    DSCN0274.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 679
  • DSCN0275.JPG
    DSCN0275.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 677
  • DSCN0277.JPG
    DSCN0277.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 677
  • DSCN0278.JPG
    DSCN0278.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 670
Upvote 0

momule55

Nov 9, 2006
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra's The Great One's!!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds!!! That small one kinda looks like the Pinfire bullet I found yesterday.

2e0bax

Tenderfoot
Dec 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
c scope cs660
good day out and 3+ hrs well spent, love the bullets.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Great civil war finds. It is getting really hard to find civil war items.
Dman

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice variety mf...The cannister is sweet,look's like a site I wouldn't leave too soon!! Awesome dig's,I would almost say smaller than a .44. No telling without some measurement's.Happy Holiday's

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh super great finds...I am dying to find a civil war bullet...but since they arent in my area..I will have to settle for hoping to find a rev. one..which would thrill me to death.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven & Spartan shovels, Grey Ghost headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job on the CW relics. Congrats to you. I love finding those bullets too.
-MM-

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
sharps made a few rifles in .45 , I wonder if the shot is from a lemat revolver ?

DCMDer

Oct 2, 2007
Washington DC
Great finds. My first thought on the small bullet is a fired .44 cal. I found one which looks nearly identical a few months ago and it fit perfectly in the barrel of my brother's 1861 .44 colt pistol. Some measurements should solve the mystery. Keep at that site.

BureFreak

Mar 26, 2007
Lake Mary, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Mike,

You're right. That site definitely lived up to what you were told. I hope your next few hunts out there turn out just as well. I hope we can hit that area on my next trip up there. Let me know what your work schedule is in Feb and we can look to one of those weekends. Go hit that area at Murfreesboro again. I'm curious to find out what other relics you can come up with. You always seem to outdo me on each hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread