Misadventures of Baldingboy and Mastereagle 22 - A fresh perspective.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Date 12/18/07
Time 17:00
Location Somewhere in Southeast Missouri

I finally bit the bullet and bought a new headlamp to use while detecting and Mastereagle wanted to see it. I pulled it out of the package and put the batteries in it and it didn't work. I had tried it the night before and it worked fine! Mastereagle told me to give it to him and he would work on it as I drove. Reluctantly, I did, but told him NOT TO BREAK IT, as it was brand new! I barely drove a block and he had permantly "fixed" it by installing the battery cartridge backwards. When he pulled it out, the spring caught on the electronics and totally screwed it up. I was annoyed, and I told him we were going to exchange it at the store, even if it put us behind with our hunting. I made him ride in the back of the truck until we got back out to our hunting site.

The wind died down as Mastereagle and I pulled up at our detecting location. By this time, ice had formed on ME22's ears and nose and he looked a little frosty. We started swinging. The third signal I got, barely registered on my XLT, but I was in tune with my detector and felt like this was something deep. It repeated as a small blip in the upper range as I worked my coil over it several times. I dug into the most god aweful snag of finger roots and worked my way through them. After what seemed like about 15 minutes, I saw what looked like a nickel staring back at me. I picked it up and instantly knew this was no modern coin. It had a lot of green coating on it and appeared mostly smooth. Mastereagle saw me studying this and came down off the ladder propped against the house that the college girls are renting. As he descended, I told him to use BOTH hands when climbing down.

He scampered over to where I was kneeling and asked me what it was. I explained that I didn't know, and he repeated over and over..."Don't rub it...don't rub it...go put it in water." I went to my truck and got a water bottle and slowly poured this over the coin and very lightly worked the water on the coin until it revealed part of a sheild. I turned it over and repeated this and by golly, it had a number five on the front and I could make out some stars too. A SHIELD NICKEL!!! I was pleased as punch. I resisted the urge to holler to ME22, instead I walked over to where he was and told him that I had just found a shield nickel. He just said, "No You Didn't!" and then "Really?" I finally convinced him and he hollered "YOU SUCK" really loud and clopped off. Realizing that I could now see his horses a$$, he returned and said "Really, that's great, I am really happy for you!" He was gritting his teeth slightly as he grinned andhe looked kinda like a possum eating a sour apple. I told him if he wasn't spending time watching college girls and spent his time detecting, he might find some coins. He took off like a striped ape detecting and I didn't see him for most of the night after that.

Revisiting a Quote from Mastereagle:
And then she walks across the road and looks at the back of BB's truck and her head just about blows off! "So that is where my license plates went to!" She yells histerically! "I want them back right now." So BB shuffles over to his truck and takes the plates off and hands them back to the girl. "HOT GRL" I knew those plates weren't his!!!!! Oh well hope he doesn't try and take mine next.

That said, I must tell him that his plates that read "STWPID" are not for me either. His mom bought them for him.....Badabing Badaboom!

We returned to hunting and ME22 hollered at me and I ignored him as usual. Finally, he started throwing dirt clods at me and I walked over to kick him in his rump. He proudly waved his hand like Vanna White and displayed a hole that (I kid you not!) was as big enough around that you could have drove a Yugo into it. I pretended to be amused and continued detecting. We ended the night with Mastereagle sobbing uncontrollably about his failures in life and detecting. We went and had a late supper and he was pretty well behaved, so I bought him an ice cream cone after the meal. Gotta run now....got a hot date with one of the college girls I met last night.

I really didn't find much to write home about after the sheild nickel, but I did manage a couple neat relics:

100_3914.jpg

100_3916.jpg

This was an old lipstick tube with a design on it:

100_3917.jpg

100_3918.jpg

I loved finding this coin. I am truly glad my old buddy Mastereagle was there to share in the moment. He is due to find the next noteworthy dig....I will stay out of his way next time!!

100_3923.jpg

100_3921.jpg

Do you hear angels and harps playing???

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
mastereagle22 said:
kindafoundabuckle said:
Its great to see two members get out for a hunt. I hope your digging partner is as good as mine.

KFB

Have you read our posts??? You partner would have to be about as good as a store's window mannequin to top BB!!!! ;) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I resent that....I would compare you to a stump. A stump sitting on a large cent....in the field....just sitting there making a person unable to get that nice coin. :P

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I need to get out and hunt with you clowns. I went back to the place i met you guys at and managed a melted bullet.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always a good read!

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
birdman said:
Always a good read!

Missouri_John said:
I need to get out and hunt with you clowns. I went back to the place i met you guys at and managed a melted bullet.

Thanks birdman. I have fun writing about my partner in crime.

John,
I plan on going back there in the spring to see if that ground will give anything else up. You are the bullet man! Good job!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey BB, nice nickel! Keep up the entertaining banter, we look forward to reading of your antics with ME...its going to be a long winter & we need the light hearted ribbing you guys do.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad I got a "peek" at the shield! Good story!

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Are you sure you two aren't married to each other??? LOL :D :D :D :D Actually, did you ever see the movie "Grumpier Men".....you two crack me up! ;D :D :D

WTG! Merry Christmas, Baldingboy!
---Mel

borninok

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread