Misadventures of Baldingboy and Mastereagle 22 - A fresh perspective.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Date 12/18/07
Time 17:00
Location Somewhere in Southeast Missouri

I finally bit the bullet and bought a new headlamp to use while detecting and Mastereagle wanted to see it. I pulled it out of the package and put the batteries in it and it didn't work. I had tried it the night before and it worked fine! Mastereagle told me to give it to him and he would work on it as I drove. Reluctantly, I did, but told him NOT TO BREAK IT, as it was brand new! I barely drove a block and he had permantly "fixed" it by installing the battery cartridge backwards. When he pulled it out, the spring caught on the electronics and totally screwed it up. I was annoyed, and I told him we were going to exchange it at the store, even if it put us behind with our hunting. I made him ride in the back of the truck until we got back out to our hunting site.

The wind died down as Mastereagle and I pulled up at our detecting location. By this time, ice had formed on ME22's ears and nose and he looked a little frosty. We started swinging. The third signal I got, barely registered on my XLT, but I was in tune with my detector and felt like this was something deep. It repeated as a small blip in the upper range as I worked my coil over it several times. I dug into the most god aweful snag of finger roots and worked my way through them. After what seemed like about 15 minutes, I saw what looked like a nickel staring back at me. I picked it up and instantly knew this was no modern coin. It had a lot of green coating on it and appeared mostly smooth. Mastereagle saw me studying this and came down off the ladder propped against the house that the college girls are renting. As he descended, I told him to use BOTH hands when climbing down.

He scampered over to where I was kneeling and asked me what it was. I explained that I didn't know, and he repeated over and over..."Don't rub it...don't rub it...go put it in water." I went to my truck and got a water bottle and slowly poured this over the coin and very lightly worked the water on the coin until it revealed part of a sheild. I turned it over and repeated this and by golly, it had a number five on the front and I could make out some stars too. A SHIELD NICKEL!!! I was pleased as punch. I resisted the urge to holler to ME22, instead I walked over to where he was and told him that I had just found a shield nickel. He just said, "No You Didn't!" and then "Really?" I finally convinced him and he hollered "YOU SUCK" really loud and clopped off. Realizing that I could now see his horses a$$, he returned and said "Really, that's great, I am really happy for you!" He was gritting his teeth slightly as he grinned andhe looked kinda like a possum eating a sour apple. I told him if he wasn't spending time watching college girls and spent his time detecting, he might find some coins. He took off like a striped ape detecting and I didn't see him for most of the night after that.

Revisiting a Quote from Mastereagle:
And then she walks across the road and looks at the back of BB's truck and her head just about blows off! "So that is where my license plates went to!" She yells histerically! "I want them back right now." So BB shuffles over to his truck and takes the plates off and hands them back to the girl. "HOT GRL" I knew those plates weren't his!!!!! Oh well hope he doesn't try and take mine next.

That said, I must tell him that his plates that read "STWPID" are not for me either. His mom bought them for him.....Badabing Badaboom!

We returned to hunting and ME22 hollered at me and I ignored him as usual. Finally, he started throwing dirt clods at me and I walked over to kick him in his rump. He proudly waved his hand like Vanna White and displayed a hole that (I kid you not!) was as big enough around that you could have drove a Yugo into it. I pretended to be amused and continued detecting. We ended the night with Mastereagle sobbing uncontrollably about his failures in life and detecting. We went and had a late supper and he was pretty well behaved, so I bought him an ice cream cone after the meal. Gotta run now....got a hot date with one of the college girls I met last night.

I really didn't find much to write home about after the sheild nickel, but I did manage a couple neat relics:

100_3914.jpg

100_3916.jpg

This was an old lipstick tube with a design on it:

100_3917.jpg

100_3918.jpg

I loved finding this coin. I am truly glad my old buddy Mastereagle was there to share in the moment. He is due to find the next noteworthy dig....I will stay out of his way next time!!

100_3923.jpg

100_3921.jpg

Do you hear angels and harps playing???

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
You two just crack me up. Nice digs and great storyline.
Sweet shieldie!! Congrats!

Happy holidays to you both!

Smiles!
BDoo

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Baldingboy said:
Mastereagle saw me studying this and came down off the ladder propped against the house that the college girls are renting. As he descended, I told him to use BOTH hands when climbing down.

Well all I can say is who brought the ladder????

He scampered over to where I was kneeling and asked me what it was. I explained that I didn't know, and he repeated over and over..."Don't rub it...don't rub it...go put it in water."

What can I say I ruined my best find by rubbing it and I didn't want him to scratch an obviously awesome find.

He just said, "No You Didn't!" and then "Really?" I finally convinced him and he hollered "YOU SUCK" really loud and clopped off. Realizing that I could now see his horses a$$, he returned and said "Really, that's great, I am really happy for you!"

I really am happy for him. . .

I told him if he wasn't spending time watching college girls and spent his time detecting, he might find some coins.

Hey I am finally starting to figure out my priorities in life. Besides when the warden kicks me to the curb I need to have some options

That said, I must tell him that his plates that read "STWPID" are not for me either. His mom bought them for him.....Badabing Badaboom!

Stands for Super Treasure Wilver & Prize Investigating Detectorist! STWPID. Yours would say FTBALD if your mom even admitted you were hers and bought you some. ::) ;) :D ;D

I really didn't find much to write home about after the sheild nickel, but I did manage a couple neat relics:

Yeah if you want to know who was detecting and who was messing around just look at how much stuff I dug compared to how much he dug. Sadly quantity does not beat quality. :( :( :( :'(

I loved finding this coin. I am truly glad my old buddy Mastereagle was there to share in the moment. He is due to find the next noteworthy dig....I will stay out of his way next time!!

Do you hear angels and harps playing???

Yeah you are going to hear harps when I tell your wife about your "date" with the hot college girl! :D ;D ;D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you might have to seed your site to calm him down. The poor guy looks to be having a breakdown. ;D
Congrats on the shield. Take care and Merry Christmas.
Burdie

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
LMFAO again! You guys are great entertainment! :D I laugh my butt off each time I read one your threads.

It is odd, who should we believe? ??? ;) :D :D :D

Nice Shield nickel!

BDD...Kirk

P.S. me22 is thinking! :D

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, before I posted to this thread, I wanted to wait until I heard your side of the story (which I knew was coming).

You two are what true treasure hunting side-kicks are all about. . . through thick-and-thin, you're always are always going to be the best of bud's no matter what. Cold weather, sleet and rain (or sexy college babes) won't be able to hold you two back from your appointed "finds" (by the way, BB, nice shield nickel!)

Take care and have a wonderful Christmas!
watercolor

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys made my night...You never run out of stories, lol

Great shield nickel...Congrats!

Merry Christmas to all

DANGLANGLEY

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Thats an amazing find! I bet you almost grew hair when you found that shield ;D. Tommorow is supposed to be 65 degrees! You guys need to call in stupid, err sick, from work!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet Dig BB.....At this point i don't know who to believe.....Moe or Curly.Conrat's on the Shield!!That HAS to be a fun hunt.Happy Holiday's~

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Great finds/ You guys remind me of my brother and me. A new tag could be --FOSAACT--
" Full of sh-- as a Christmas Turkey. LMAO

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great story! The back and forth about the licence plates about killed me. :D

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
BB,
That's an awsome nickle. You guys crack me up. Can't wait till your next hunt.
Joe
PS Merry Christmas.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
kindafoundabuckle said:
Its great to see two members get out for a hunt. I hope your digging partner is as good as mine.

KFB

Have you read our posts??? You partner would have to be about as good as a store's window mannequin to top BB!!!! ;) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o BB! And what a find! 8) Thanks for the picture! ;) Now ya'll get back out there and find some more keepers!

Congrats! Nana :)

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Boobydoo said:
You two just crack me up. Nice digs and great storyline.
Sweet shieldie!! Congrats!

Happy holidays to you both!

Smiles!
BDoo
CTH Elf said:
You know you might have to seed your site to calm him down. The poor guy looks to be having a breakdown. ;D
Congrats on the shield. Take care and Merry Christmas.
Burdie
KirkPA said:
LMFAO again! You guys are great entertainment! :D I laugh my butt off each time I read one your threads.

It is odd, who should we believe? ??? ;) :D :D :D

Nice Shield nickel!

BDD...Kirk

P.S. me22 is thinking! :D

BDoo,
Thanks! I was super stoked to find it. I was trying to clean the area with a date and I think it reads 1876...but not for sure.

Burdie,
I always seed our sites before the hunt with trash for me22. I arrive a day early and remove all zipper pulls in the area and put lots of can trash and wires for him. You outa see him go!

Kirk,
Thanks! In answer to your question, you should believe me. Mastereagle has tiny eyes. Never trust someone with tiny eyes. (One other piece of advice...never fight naked).

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
tymcmurray said:
Good hunt and nice coin!!!

DANGLANGLEY said:
You guys made my night...You never run out of stories, lol

Great shield nickel...Congrats!

Merry Christmas to all

DANGLANGLEY

watercolor said:
Well, before I posted to this thread, I wanted to wait until I heard your side of the story (which I knew was coming).

You two are what true treasure hunting side-kicks are all about. . . through thick-and-thin, you're always are always going to be the best of bud's no matter what. Cold weather, sleet and rain (or sexy college babes) won't be able to hold you two back from your appointed "finds" (by the way, BB, nice shield nickel!)

Take care and have a wonderful Christmas!
watercolor

tymcmurray,
Thanks man!

DANGLANGLEY,
Good hearing from you bro....stay tuned. Our dirt clod fights are things of legends. I hit him probably 27 times last time we hunted.

watercolor,
Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you and yours...but I am dropping Mastereagle after the first of the year for a college girl. ;D

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
rebelLT said:
Thats an amazing find! I bet you almost grew hair when you found that shield ;D. Tommorow is supposed to be 65 degrees! You guys need to call in stupid, err sick, from work!
civilman1 said:
Sweet Dig BB.....At this point i don't know who to believe.....Moe or Curly.Conrat's on the Shield!!That HAS to be a fun hunt.Happy Holiday's~
john37115 said:
Great finds/ You guys remind me of my brother and me. A new tag could be --FOSAACT--
nuggetshooter323 said:
Great story! The back and forth about the licence plates about killed me. :D

rebelLT,
Thanks, I actually grew a third eye when I saw the shield nickel. They already know we are stupid at the office, so that won't work.....maybe I can find a way to blame my abscence on Mastereagle. Hmmm I will have to think on that one.

civilman,
We had a blast. You shoulda been there. It was better in person. :D

john,
FOSAACT--
I am thinking more like IOWA detectorist - "Idiots Out Wandering Around".

nuggetshooter,
Never a dull moment. Trust me. :D

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Happy Detecting Dude said:
BB,
That's an awsome nickle. You guys crack me up. Can't wait till your next hunt.
Joe
PS Merry Christmas.

kindafoundabuckle said:
Its great to see two members get out for a hunt. I hope your digging partner is as good as mine.

KFB
Nana40 said:
:o BB! And what a find! 8) Thanks for the picture! ;) Now ya'll get back out there and find some more keepers!

Congrats! Nana :)

Joe
I can't wait either. I just never know what we will find and how Mastereagle will distinguish himself. I bought him a flying eagle cent for Christmas, so if he finds one of those, I am going to be suspicious.

KFB,
He is better...just don't tell him I said that. ;)

Nana,
Glad you liked it. We hope to get back out this Thursday after Christmas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread