Even further back in time, but is it Reale (Pistareen) Updated 12/24 New pics

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Wow each week my coil seems to be swinging over the right spots and I get older and older coins. Last week it was the 2 cent piece, 1864. While I was sure that was as old as I would get for a while, boy was I wrong. While out today at a site where nearby are the remains of a home foundation, I found this on my first swing. Beat the 2 cent piece by 127 years! Oddly It was all I found all day.

But is it real? It has the date 1737 on it and appears to have been cut in half and re-joined. Can anyone tell me anymore about it? I know nothing about Spanish Reales.

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• Reale 1.jpg
    Reale 1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 3,674
  • Reale 2.jpg
    Reale 2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 3,691
Upvote 0

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Whites XLT / Garrett Ace 250
Do you 1737 Reale, take this 1735 Reale, to be bonded together in holy matrimony?
Congrats on the find and the banner!!!!

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
TOTALY FAKE :'( JUST SEND IT TO ME WITH A SELF RETURNED STAMPED ENVALOPE ;) AND I WILL SEND YOU A REAL ONE ::) GREAT FIND AND HAPPY HUNTING ;D

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I'm not easily impressed, but uh...yeah...this find is pretty darned spectacular! Congratulations!

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
That is one schweeeeet find Madmardigan!!!! I'm sure it is also quite unique.Congrats on making the banner and keep the goodies coming!I can't hunt right now with all the snow and ice but I can sit here and drool over all you mild climate hunter's finds,congrats again, Bootstrap

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
superduty said:
who ever join those coins was an artist. The stamping is not distorted right up to the weld.

Interesting thought. Maybe it was done by someone just trying to show off their skills or just for fun.

I agree with you, it is very well done.

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Hardy said:
TOTALY FAKE :'( JUST SEND IT TO ME WITH A SELF RETURNED STAMPED ENVALOPE ;) AND I WILL SEND YOU A REAL ONE ::) GREAT FIND AND HAPPY HUNTING ;D

Dang, Ok its in the mail ;D

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
bootstrap vinn said:
That is one schweeeeet find Madmardigan!!!! I'm sure it is also quite unique.Congrats on making the banner and keep the goodies coming!I can't hunt right now with all the snow and ice but I can sit here and drool over all you mild climate hunter's finds,congrats again, Bootstrap

Ah I used to live up in northern PA. Actually miss the snow being down here.

But for MDing its great. Rarely gets below freezing so the ground never freezes (or has not yet since I've been here, 5 years)

With a little luck I can keep you northern guys busy with cool finds to look at until mother nature loosens her grip.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Re: Even further back in time, but is it Reale (Pistareen) Updated 12/24 New pic

great coin, especially the condition, I wouldn't mind having in my collection (hint hint) LOL

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Here's a wild theory for you. Maybe it was used by a tinsmith as a sample of his soldering work. I'm talking about the pack peddlar guys who walked across the country side and asked if anyone had pots they needed repaired. Those guys also sharpened knives. great find, siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread