OP
Ron (CA)

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
the 16 is a well worn S. It was a heart stopper for a few seconds when I saw that it had a mint mark. No-Go on this one!!

CAPITOL PARK is off limits - a big NO NO and it will cost you your detector if caught so it is not worth it!! Too bad as that park is loaded!! It used to be open to detecting in the early eighties. Some of the old timers tell me stories of digging seateds and barbers all the time.

Until Arnold changes the law, i will stick to the other parks in town.

HH

Ron (CA)

R

rvbvetter

I'll tell him the democrats won't allow republican detectors.
That should get it changed. HH

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice!!! Thats more silver than I've found all year...
Nice looking heart pendant also,,, WTG!!!
Good luck & Happy hunting~

D

Darod

You found all those at Parks that are routinely hunted? Wow!

Some of those Merc's look really really nice!

Great silver.

Rod

F

Floater

Those are REALLY NICE Ron. Boy I cant believe thats a daily occurence out there. Next time I,m in Santa Monica I,m bringing the old Excal With Me. Business trip or not. Oh Im lovin this. The LA office is going to think I really am over the edge. LOL Thanks for the Pics too.

OP
OP
Ron (CA)

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
Couple side notes here.

1. This is not a daily occurrence!! I wish it were. If I can get 1 or 2 silvers on a trip I am pleased.

I got 2 silvers out of the same plug (twice) on Friday. So that is 4 silvers from only 2 hits. That always helps the silver totals!! All the coins on Friday came from a 25 x 25 foot area. Just happened to get into a little hot spot that had some deep silver.

2. Most of my silver coins are deep (6-11 inches) or next to junk items that are real iffy signals. Many people are skeptical that so much silver is still in these parks. It is there you just have to hear it. I have been using the Explorer since they came out and know the machine pretty well. Plus the recent rains really help in getting that extra depth on the deep coins. Spring is perfect hunting season due to the moisture in the ground.

3. Many of the parks I hunt are the overlooked smaller neighborhood parks or "School Parks" as they are called. Some only date back to the 40's. But that is still in the "Silver Era" of coins as you can expect to find coins 20 years on either side of the est. date.

If the park dates in the 40's, then you will usually find silver coins from the 20's through 1964. Many of these parks do not pan out but it only takes one. This particular park has given up over 30+ silver so far between 2 of us and we have only hunted it about 4-5 times.

HH

Ron (CA)

F

Floater

1. This is not a daily occurrence!! I wish it were. If I can get 1 or 2 silvers on a trip I am pleased.

Your kidding right?LOL
I have been out once a day almost for about 45 days. I have hunted all demo sites of homes built in the fifties and one built in the twentys. I have an Excalibur and most of my finds here are down as far as 10 to 12 inches. Now florida sand lots are diiferrent then out there but still the Quantity is amazing. I have found plenty of wheaties and a couple of buffalos and ONE silver Quarter.. I guess the trick here is to go to the parks.HH

OP
OP
Ron (CA)

Ron (CA)

Feb 1, 2005
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
Floater said:
1.? This is not a daily occurrence!!? I wish it were.? If I can get 1 or 2 silvers on a trip I am pleased.

Your kidding right?LOL
I have been out once a day almost for about 45 days. I have hunted all demo sites of homes built in the fifties and one built in the twentys. I have an Excalibur and most of my finds here are down as far as 10 to 12 inches. Now florida sand lots are diiferrent then out there but still the Quantity is amazing. I have found plenty of wheaties and a couple of buffalos and ONE silver Quarter.. I guess the trick here is to go to the parks.HH

Hey Floater,

I wish i had the time to hunt everyday for 45 days straight. I know I would have over 150 silvers in that time period. I usually average about 1 silver per hunt hour.

Sounds like that sandy soil is putting things out of reach. I do not dig many things over 10 inches due to the mineralization in our soils. But there is plenty in the ground that I can hear.

HH

Ron (CA)

R

rvbvetter

? ? Floater; ? ? The soil on the island here, is much like what you said. It's so sandy, the old stuff is far out of sight. Coins from the 70's are at 10 in. here. All i can do is practice here and then leave the island in search of the old stuff in more solid terra firma. ? ?HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread