vitro all-reds & heaton agate swirls

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
vitro all-reds & heaton agate swirls

got these antiquin the other day....vitro all reds from parkersburgh wv. they made this style[black line] in the 50s-60s ...they were named that at the factory cause they always had a red patch..the other color varied with orange being the hardest to find...got these for 12$.....mint they value at 2-3$
orangeyellowallreds.jpg

found these too...heaton agate co., cairo . wv these were made in the late 30s to the mid 50s...they came back in the 60s with but by then the marble craze was waning and they made less attractive marbles for paint cans etc..these are grouped into wv swirls and are valued at 1-2$ each...i got 180 of em for 8$....i luvs marbles...lolol
cairocleaned.jpg

Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: vitro all-reds & heaton agate swirls

Duffy,
You have the best looking marbles I've ever seen. Every time I go to the flea market and see jars of marbles I think of you. ;)
I never know what I'm looking at though, and don't know if they are a good buy or not?
Thanks for the colorful post.
-MM-

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep, they're colorful. Great finds!

;) RR

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river

thanks guys...those all reds could be called tiger eyes.too....but the tiger eyes have on a clear base...miner if you dont see a bunch of clearies or cateyes and the other stuff the vendor has is mostly old estate sale items from up to the 60s.... 8-20$ is usually a good bet....there might be 20 -10$ marbles in there!!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

duffytrash said:
thanks guys...those all reds could be called tiger eyes.too....but the tiger eyes have on a clear base...miner if you dont see a bunch of clearies or cateyes and the other stuff the vendor has is mostly old estate sale items from up to the 60s.... 8-20$ is usually a good bet....there might be 20 -10$ marbles in there!!!!

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. The jar last w/end that I saw had some larger than normal sized light yellow ones in it.
=MM=

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I luvs marbles too, Duffy. ;) It's always a treat to dig them up when hunting. Those are some great ones! Thanks for the pics!

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread