122307b.jpg

Happy Holidays Y'all ;)

Upvote 0

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Walker! You just never know what you will get in change.....I hope you asked if there were any more of those in the drawer, I know I would have...Great find!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you lucky dog :)

dakotama95

Feb 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, White's DFX
Nice coin, I have never seen a walking Liberty that is recessed into the coin. Is that considered a coin error?

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
dakotama95 said:
Nice coin, I have never seen a walking Liberty that is recessed into the coin. Is that considered a coin error?

I agree. That is a very interesting Walking Half. The obverse of the coin is all recessed. ??? Or is it just an optical illusion....I swear if I look at the coin longer, it looks normal.....WHOAAAA is right!! ;D ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
M

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Captn_SE said:
dakotama95 said:

I agree. That is a very interesting Walking Half. The obverse of the coin is all recessed. ???

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

I can assure you both that both the obverse & reverse are not recessed, but of High Relief just as they should be.

oldhippiecoinhntr

Nov 25, 2007
Thanks for shareing with us! How did this coin get minted like this?? Did/will you research this unique coin??

Not as exciteing as this qaurter, but a week ago, my son who works in a local liquor store, got a half dozen 1958 wheats as part of purchase payment, that absolutely were shiny as new!!! Not even a scratch or nick!! Did he bring them home to dad you ask, knowing his dad collected coins??Noooooooo.......he turned them over to his fellow worker >:(!!! Thanks son, love you too!!?? Speculated that either some elderly person cashed in some stash, or possibly someone got into a elder parents stash. This seems to happen a lot, old coins showing up in change.

Likely related, my wife and I went to a local cafe we frequent, only about a mile from afore mentioned liquor store, a couple of days later. When I went to cashier to pay our tab, she opened the till, and I immediately noticed the penny spot in drawer. Shiny wheats!! I asked for them, and there was two, and both were 1958, and looked like new!! Well I missed the 6 at liqour store, but got these two.I concured, that they may have come from same party, and same stash as ones my son got at liquor store. How many more did my son, or I miss?? Maybe from a roll of uncirculated from the era?? They somehow stayed shiny?? The answer is unknown to me, but someone knows? Maybe more will show up someplace. Good idea just to watch the change drawers. Thanks for reading my rants here.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
shiny huh? like from the center of a roll? --sweems either gramps died or got punked by his kin folks most likely --

Brendan M.

Apr 14, 2006
Warrensburg, New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Bullseye II pinpointer, Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it doesn't look recessed -- that line of discoloration is actually just a light wear line. You see that a lot on walkers. The photo just makes it look recessed.

Nice find! I got two wheaties out of a change jar recently and was psyched. This is nuts!

Cheers and HH,
Bman

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW congrats :o i check all the change i get but never at least yet have found anything other then a wheat penny but maybe one day ;)

tac512ltd

Aug 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark; Aquavision 2007
Pretty coin. When they're that good, it really doesn't matter how you get 'em.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
bmanley99 said:
Yeah it doesn't look recessed ...The photo just makes it look recessed.

Agreed. Nice. Where is your Walgreens? Has to be some kid got into Grandpa's stash again. I would hike it back there quick and tell them you will change out all their halves for bills...and find out where their bank drop is.

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
WTG!!! Most excellent. I once got a $1.00 silver cert. for change at a Kmart. It's a great feeling when something like that happens. Merry Christmas x2. ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread