Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. It's been a WHILE since I posted. Lots of stuff going on and haven't gotten out all that much. One of the trips was to Dan's site where I got my large cent. I found a 46 dime, an aluminum "play money" token, some wheats, a lead soldier, and a clay marble. I thought the marble was pretty cool...I couldn't even find the original target in the hole but the clay marble just fell right out of the side.

Then we got out to the berg a couple times. The first trip only produced a few marbles for me and wheats but on the second trip I got all of that plus a merc.

All the stuff from one of the berg hunts before a cleanup (minus some HUGE iron spikes and stuff):
dec5A.jpg

dec5J.jpg

Silver pendant ("Dying 2 live"):
dec5C.jpg

dec5B.jpg

Lead soldier and silver pendant ("Tarra"):
dec5D.jpg

Clay marble:
dec5F.jpg

All marbles (clay one is obviously top right):
dec5E.jpg

Closeup 1
dec5G.jpg

Closeup 2
dec5H.jpg

This just looked too much like an arrowhead to leave it sitting in the dirt (from the berg):
dec5I.jpg

Thanks for looking and merry Christmas all! :)

Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure did great. Great pics too. thanks for sharing with us.

Merry Christmas

Nathan

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Nate,
Great to see you post again. Nice digs. I love that blue & white marble. Maybe Duffy will ID it for us.
Congrats.
Is you Dad still detecting or did he take up golf instead. Either way, he needs to work on his swing. ;D ;)
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
-Doug-

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow neat stuff ya found there...Love those marbles too.... big bucks on antique marbles... and course the coins are great too

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Hey Nate,
Great to see you post again. Nice digs. I love that blue & white marble. Maybe Duffy will ID it for us.
Congrats.
Is you Dad still detecting or did he take up golf instead. Either way, he needs to work on his swing. ;D ;)
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
-Doug-

Thanks Doug. lol Hopefully he won't let the cold get to him TOO much this winter...and actually he had a few little things that I think he might not have felt like bothering with posting or something. But yea it's all good. And yea I thought the marble deserved a few closer looks, maybe its nothing special but I like the nice bubble preserved inside it and the way the white is swirled in there.

Thanks guys, merry Christmas to yall!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Nate, I really like finding those clay marbles! HH, Mike

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
It is great to see at least one berg gang member posting again. Nice wilver dimes, my man.

Bone Dry Detecting...Levster

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
nice mibs nate....top row clearies and clay 2nd row left to right alley[st marys wv] ravenswood novelty..alley[st marys] vitro agate[parkersburgh]...the bottom marble by itself---if it has a single clearly visible seam ...christensen[cambridge,ohio] if no seam ...champion...nice find on the last one....

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
duffytrash said:
nice mibs nate....top row clearies and clay 2nd row left to right alley[st marys wv] ravenswood novelty..alley[st marys] vitro agate[parkersburgh]...the bottom marble by itself---if it has a single clearly visible seam ...christensen[cambridge,ohio] if no seam ...champion...nice find on the last one....

Duffy,
YOU are da Man!!! I need to take you to the flea market with me. ;)
That blue & white marble is so cool.

Congrats Nate.
-Doug-

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
duffytrash said:

Wow thanks Duffy, I can always count on your help with those marbles! Maybe it's easier than it seems but I'm surprised you can tell that much from them by the pics. Awesome.

kindafoundabuckle said:
Is the Berg still producing? How many pieces have you guys got from there? Awesome!
KFB

Well, when we DO get out to the Berg, we can usually still squeak one or two silvers out and plenty of wheats, but typically it's hard work. As for totals, I'm not sure, we'd have to come up with some estimates for the three of us individually...

Thanks for the comments all, merry Christmas!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics Nate! I have a clay marble also. Found it with a Buffalo & Wheaty in same hole. Been years since then. Yours reminded me. Funny how you remember.

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
Wow thanks Duffy, I can always count on your help with those marbles! Maybe it's easier than it seems but I'm surprised you can tell that much from them by the pics. Awesome.

lol....nate.....ive been handlin them for years and dug em from the dumpsites at the factories....that was a learnin experience in itself....theres a marble show in new philly,ohio in feb...you can learn alot at them.....its starts off the show year and its the biggest in the midwest...

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Heck, I was starting to believe that the Berg dudes became extinct, kind of like the real Berg did back in the early 70s. :P ;) :D ;D :D :D ;D

Welcome back, Nate! I hope your father is having similar metal detecting luck. :D ;) :)

BDD...Kirk

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nice hunting, Nate....great collection of marbles too!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions