TNET made me do it!!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Warden drug me to the grocery store and i embarrassed her. You guys keep talking about checking the Coinstar reject slot and i thought i would give it a try. Right in front of God and everybody i yelled honey look what i found. The tray had $1.95 in it and one coin was a 2000 Sacagawea. All of a sudden i felt eyes looking at me. :-\ The 1st thing that came to my mind was aa your a scrounge but i sure did get a charge out of it.......aa the scrounge. :D

Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow! When I was a kid, I couldn't pass by a pay phone or vending machine without giving it a check! Now that those things are practically extinct, I'll have to start checking the coinstar machine too. WTG!!

HH,
Moon

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
From the movie "Green Beret"--Sgt Muldoon, "yeah I know, find the scrounger--- Peterson (aa) !!"----LOL

Well you know, anywhere you find it. 8)

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My $1.95 is gone. :'( Warden wanted Pepsi :-\

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I do it all the time too, aa.. It drives my wife crazy too. She likes it though when things are bought for her with the money I found.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Oh I always have to look in those things so far Ive scored 2 silver dimes,they spit out all silver coins I believe. One was a rosey and the other was a silver canadian dime.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
El Scrounge Bandito 8)

gmstreet

Jul 29, 2007
Elkins, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived one semester at college on the money I found under the vending machines in the rec room. One night about 3:am I had a craving for a Good Humor choclate elcair ice-cream bar(seems like I was always getting the munchies back then ;)). Anyway I snuck downstairs to the rec room, put my money in the vending machine. I heard it drop to the coin box and at the same moment a quarter rolled out from under the machine. Hmmm... I knelt down and looked under the machine, Cha..Ching!!! :o there was a pile of quarters on the floor directly under the overflowing coin box. I swept about 10 bucks in quarters from under the machine that night. It seems someone wasn't emptying the money out fast enough. Every few days I would sneak down get an ice-cream and pick up a few dollars in change. Boy I wish I had a job like that again...LOL ;D

Greg

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I use to do demolition and often I'd get ready to start and there would be vending machines left inside hotels and such. I would call if there was a number on the machine, but all to often they were just left for dead. The first time I found a abandoned machine I dropped in from about 15 feet with a track-hoe and it shattered!!! Quarters, nickles, and dimes everywhere. I'd often get and extra 25 bucks and a few left over sodas that didn't explode.

Attachments

• Will at work.jpg
    Will at work.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 346

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stories guys! Also look on TOP of vending machines. I do at work, sometimes I make out ok. Lots of times it is Canadian coins that won't work in the machines, or just extra change that was in the persons hand, so they set it on top , pick up the snack then forget about the coins. The coin return slots are a good place to get a silver coin or two also as they weigh a little different and our machines won't take them then they get left behind.

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OK... After reading this post today I was in the store and I passed one of those coin machines. So I think to myself "what the hell" I go check it and here's whats in there. I'm not sure what excactly the stone is, but I thought it was cool.

Attachments

• Will find.JPG
    Will find.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 243
OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest: