Starting 2008 out with a bang!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey gang and Happy New Year to all!! I HAD to get out today even though the wind was brutal here in SC. We've got a wicked little cold front coming in with temps in the teens tonight..........Brrrrrrrrrrr!! I know you Northern folks are chuckling right now, but that's damn cold for the South! ;)

Anywho...I was on my way to one of my new spots when I happen to look over to a church here in town the I have passed a million times and never thought twice about it. Well, today I noticed that it had playground equipment behind it and that deserved a closer look. I pulled around to another adjoining church, and sure enough, there was the playground. I figured I'd find the usual 52 pennies and 3 dimes and maybe a quarter along with some barrettes, toy cars, aluminum foil balls, and washers. BUT.................It was quarter heaven!! I finally found a place that was not hunted out and the kiddies had quarters in their sweet little pockets!! Yay me!

After cleaning that playground up pretty good, I decided to take a little road trip and find some new ground. I found a little town that I hadn't been to and started looking for the schools/playgrounds. I found a park with tennis courts, baseball fields and a small playground. Woohoo! I got out and started swinging around the aluminum bleachers and got a heavy quarter signal. I figured it to be a quarter, but it wound up being this cool silver ring! WOW! I like this little town already. Kept sweeping my way to the playground area and got another signal. What I found will secure my place in the TNetters "gotta have one of these to be a member" Club. It was one of those "Heads I win, Tales you lose" naughty coins. I love it and laughed when I found it. I'm somebody now!!

All in all, I had fun today. Found some new cools places to hunt, and found $8.60 in clad and some silver to boot!! A great day for me!

Hope everyone has a great year of hunting!!
Moon

Attachments

• IMG_1688.JPG
    IMG_1688.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_1689.JPG
    IMG_1689.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 774
  • IMG_1690.JPG
    IMG_1690.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 769
  • IMG_1693.JPG
    IMG_1693.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 761
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
off to a great start! congrats, especially on the ring!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats! Good luck with the rest of 08!

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Moonshadow said:
All in all, I had fun today. Found some new cools places to hunt,

I envy your day, Moon!
All I did was watch 10" of new snow
fall on the 4' we already have :(

I likee the ring :)

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds and Good Luck in 08!!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Yes you are now an official Tnetter because of that Naughty Coin, LOL
I love your Spirit Moon and am so happy you still able to hunt . All I get to dig here is snow..... :)

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NICE JOB MOON!

Glad you were able to get out, it's 9 degrees here at the moment, hard to believe I was out detecting just 2 days ago. The playground areas are fun, aren't they? Especially when they've never been searched..it's almost like someone threw a bunch of quarters out just so you could find them! Nice ring there too..glad you found a new area to hunt. Good luck in the coming year!

Nat

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to the naughty token club,mines pretty chewed up ::)

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Nice finds already and the year has just begun. Plan on going tomorrow night even though it isn't supposed to get above 35 degrees with a 10-15 mph wind!

Oh well gotta detect...

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
That area will reload for you once it gets warm...nice job! :)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well lets see ...........South carolina or Western New York. Temperature wise , it's a cool 2 Degrees out right now. With the wind chill......... but that never stops us from going out and finding some pieces of history to add to the collection. But anyway! You have had a nice start to the new year.......WTG

Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 008 800x600.jpg

Thought I would share this pic with you on one of our Detecting outings , we would be somewhere in the woods to the left.......lololol
Keep on Digging! The Seeker

Attachments

• Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 008 800x600.jpg
    Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 008 800x600.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 407

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see your 2008 post Moon !!

And a hearty congrats on the finds and the Naughty coin clubs newest member !

I am extending an invitation to you to come on up to upstate Ny this winter when we have one of those -30 below nights. YEAH !!
When its that cold you can boil wata, pour it ina cup,go outside,and toss the 212 degree wata up in the air and the wata molecules
vaporize into ice and it makes a loud "ZIP" sound !

Well we cant TH when its that cold so you find other ways to kill time and boredom ! :D

Happy New Year Moon ;)

D.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Moon, congrats! I did Basic Training in SC in October-December, ice cold mornings and beautiful afternoons. HH, Mike

topdog

Dec 2, 2007
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Congratulations, thats a nice haul on the Clad and Silver. Continued Success and good hunting.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's your equipment?

MoonShadow,

Nice stuff. What detector do you use and what setting around metal bleachers. I have a ring to find under a high school bleacher.

I have a friend in Greensboro and it does get cold there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread