Good site finally gives silver

vthepresident

Dec 30, 2007
Charlottesville, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Prism II, Tesoro Sand Shark
I have been working the small yard of a business that is in an old house. It is about 1/8 acre, but it is very productive. I know wheat pennies and tax tokens don't really compare to colonial coppers and washington inaugurals, but pulling a couple silver roosevelts on new year's day was still rewarding for me. I thought the little tin was for candy or someting, but I was informed it was for a reusable condom............gross.
V

pocketknife.jpg

003.jpg

lighter.jpg

merrywidows.jpg

Upvote 0

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you pulled some silver. The other items are just as nice. The Merry Widows are just like today(condoms) but they came in a tin can instead of a rubber pack only to be used once. I have 2 cans, one has a 50cent price and the other $1.00 Found the $1.00 by a tree the other in a church yard believe it or not! Good Hunt!

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Pres,
Nice finds, silver is always great to find. Espcially when you see that little hint of silver that catches your eye.
What a joy.
Keep at it.
HH.
Rob

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! Great to have another Bama hunter here! 8)

That was a super New Year's day hunt! Great ring too! Is it silver as well? And the token....that's a neat find.

Congrats on all those finds! Nana :)

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO
Not a bad day at all there, vthepresident. Welcome to the forum from another 'Bama sod seacher from Cullman.

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds and welcome to TNET.
HH,
Ed

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
reusable condom............gross.
lol,,, I knew about them being condoms, but reusable... :o like you said,,, gross...
Looks like a great hunt,,, I like that razor knife, very neat...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

P.S.> The quotation under your avatar remind of the guy in the movie " The Warriors", Cyrus... ;D

T

TreasurdiggrNY

All nice finds a great mix, wtg. The ring is sweet, congrats on the 2 silver too. Glad you got out.
Glenn

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Excellent finds! Still looking for my first EVER 3 Merry Widows tin!!! No... they didn't reuse the condoms! They might have put a replacement condom and re-used the tin... but no... never reuse a condom! LOL

Congrats on a great day!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Welcome! Great batch of finds you've got there; nice assortment. Nice ring & Rosie's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread