1928 church yard part two. 6 silver.

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Well actually five silver. The wartime nickel I found in my kid's change this morning. This church was built in 1928. I hunted it last November with my old White's Classic II that I recently sold to some dude in Russia. Today I took my X5 and this is what the White's missed. When I finished up last years hunt I asked the Reverend if I could come back again. He said he would have to discuss it with the elders. He lives next to the church, so I just walked up and knocked. Without hesitation he says, "Sure, knock yourself out". I stayed around 5 hours. The soil really beats the heck out of the coins here. Not sure why. Much better then yesterday's beach hunt which only produced clad and a length of broken silver bracelet.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• 1-08.jpg
    1-08.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 659
  • 1-08b.jpg
    1-08b.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 663
Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Hey Mike in NJ,
You were not kidding, the soil really did a job on those coins that's a shame. Glad you got out and had a nice hunt, the ring is sweet too wtg.
Glenn

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a good day. I like hunts like that. A good felling on your way home knowing you realy did good today finding silver a ring change.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
TreasurdiggrNY said:
Hey Mike in NJ,
You were not kidding, the soil really did a job on those coins that's a shame. Glad you got out and had a nice hunt, the ring is sweet too wtg.
Glenn

Yep.....gosh do you have muratic acid in the soil there? What a shame! Nice job on the ring!

HH,
Moon

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 hours. . . how time flys when your having fun.

Nice haul on the silvers and ring!

Take care,
watercolor

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
TreasurdiggrNY said:
Hey Mike in NJ,
Glenn
Moonshadow said:
TreasurdiggrNY said:
Hey Mike in NJ,
Glenn

Yep.....gosh do you have muratic acid in the soil there? What a shame! Nice job on the ring!

HH,
Moon
halfdime said:
Nice digs and you're right; that ground is hard on silver :-\.
Don't know why it eats them up so bad. They laughed at baking soda. Here's the ones I got from here last year. Before and after giving them alittle shockage. I only do this on common silver.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• badsilver.jpg
    badsilver.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 528
  • badsilver.jpg
    badsilver.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 499

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Mike! A great day out! Same thing happens to the coins in my neck of the woods!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Mike, what a fun day you must of had! That ring is sweet! So is the silver.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nice job on the silver finds, Mike. I like that ring too. ;)

Get back there and see what else you missed.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
Nice hunt. I always did good in church yards. REMEMBER-- All days are good days,, Some are just better than others.

Les

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on the silver, & nice looking ring, WTG!!!
Your finds look about the same as some I find in a particular park I have been hunting lately. It's low lying and stays moist most of the time. I don't think I've ever seen a marble? with a crust on it though... ;D
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Leon said:
Congrats on the silver, & nice looking ring, WTG!!!
Your finds look about the same as some I find in a particular park I have been hunting lately. It's low lying and stays moist most of the time. I don't think I've ever seen a marble? with a crust on it though... ;D
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~
Same thing here. Low lying and there's always water there. They recently added some fill dirt to the lowest area.
That must be it.
HH, Mike in NJ

topdog

Dec 2, 2007
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
WTG on the Silver Haul, you weren't kidding about the soil conditions effecting the coins. It was definitely a good day of hunting, thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread