Come on warmer weather

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My last hunt last year was in very early December. Since then, mother nature has had her way with us. Snow and cold weather followed by more snow and cold weather. It has slowly been melting off, which causes the old cabin fever to kick into high gear. A couple of days ago, I couldn't stand it any longer, and went out to try it for about an hour. Hunting in between the snow banks and only in the open areas, was able to find a little clad. Yesterday, the "itch" really got bad again, so went back out for a couple of hours. Still lots of snow around, but the open areas are getting bigger. The surprise of the day was that the ground wasn't really frozen. Digging wasn't all that hard. Again, found some clad, and my first piece of silver for 2008. It is a heavy engraved name piece off of a necklace. Can't wait for the weather to get warm again, so I can spend more time out than an hour or two.

Hope the rest of you are having good luck and warmer weather. HH all.

Attachments

• Snow hunt on 1-11-2008 6.jpg
    Snow hunt on 1-11-2008 6.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 597
Upvote 0

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter sucks! -4F here today, was 49 yesterday.....Kane23

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
I can honestly say that is one thing I DON'T miss about Nebraska. I'll be back there for a short visit in May. I made the mistake of telling my DFX we're taking a road trip.... He's so excited! ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quit wishing so hard, Neb! Yer sending all that brrrr cold down here! :D

Glad ya could get out for a hunt! Congrats on those GREAT finds! Nana ;)

OP
OP
nebstater

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nana40 said:
Quit wishing so hard, Neb! Yer sending all that brrrr cold down here! :D

Glad ya could get out for a hunt! Congrats on those GREAT finds! Nana ;)

It's going to be a long time before we get out again. Just got another 4" of snow yesterday, and they're talking more this weekend. The pictures shows you what we got hit with on the 15th of December. Keep finding it for us will ya?

Attachments

• Snow in Lincoln 12-15-2007 2.jpg
    Snow in Lincoln 12-15-2007 2.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 344
  • Snow in Lincoln 12-15-2007 8.jpg
    Snow in Lincoln 12-15-2007 8.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 351
  • Snow in Lincoln 12-15-2007 10.jpg
    Snow in Lincoln 12-15-2007 10.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 340
OP
OP
nebstater

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nc-joe said:
I can honestly say that is one thing I DON'T miss about Nebraska. I'll be back there for a short visit in May. I made the mistake of telling my DFX we're taking a road trip.... He's so excited! ;D

At least you are coming back when the weather should be cooperating. I will be coming to North Carolina in April, but not for any MDing. I have to take my son to Raleigh for brain tumor surgery. He has a turmor that has to come out, and his doctor has a clinic there. Should be there for a week to ten days. Someday, maybe I'll come that way under less strenuous circumstances. Hope you enjoy your trip.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Neb,
Glad you got out. Ship some of that snow down here.
Sorry to hear about you boy.
Tenn. Joe

OP
OP
nebstater

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tennessee-Joe said:
Neb,
Glad you got out. Ship some of that snow down here.
Sorry to hear about you boy.
Tenn. Joe
Let me tell ya, I'm so tired of winter that I could just scream. We had been in a drought up here for about 10 years, and it wasn't unusual to be able to play golf in January and February, as we weren't getting any moisture. With temps in the 50's and 60's, we really weren't having any winters. Now, we get snow in early December, and I suppose that it will be here until April. Oh well, you other guys can find the stuff and post it for those of us that can't get out.

Thanks for the kind words on my son.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
nebstater said:
nc-joe said:

At least you are coming back when the weather should be cooperating. I will be coming to North Carolina in April, but not for any MDing. I have to take my son to Raleigh for brain tumor surgery. He has a turmor that has to come out, and his doctor has a clinic there. Should be there for a week to ten days. Someday, maybe I'll come that way under less strenuous circumstances. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Sorry to hear about your son, but at least it appears operable. There are some really good Doc's here.

You might want to bring your MD with you, a little away time goes along way in healing.

When I come out in May, I will be mainly around Columbus, but I may be able squeek away for a day if you want to get together and hunt. I lived in Lincoln for a few years and went to school in Milford, so I know the area pretty well and I still have some contacts in Lincoln, Elmwood, Milford and Seward. I also may have a really good site in Grand Island to hit. (plus the numerous places around Columbus)

Hope all goes well with the surgery!

OP
OP
nebstater

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nc-joe said:
nebstater said:
nc-joe said:

Sorry to hear about your son, but at least it appears operable. There are some really good Doc's here.

You might want to bring your MD with you, a little away time goes along way in healing.

When I come out in May, I will be mainly around Columbus, but I may be able squeek away for a day if you want to get together and hunt. I lived in Lincoln for a few years and went to school in Milford, so I know the area pretty well and I still have some contacts in Lincoln, Elmwood, Milford and Seward. I also may have a really good site in Grand Island to hit. (plus the numerous places around Columbus)

Hope all goes well with the surgery!
Yeah, drop me a note when you come out. During nice weather, I'm out most days. This hobby is like an itch I can't scratch! My hunting buddy and I have never ventured over to the Seward area to hunt, but have gone done into Kansas and into Iowa. The parks here in town have really been hit hard, but I still occasionally pull a silver out. Mostly Rosies. I might throw the detector in when I come your way, but wouldn't really know where to go after I got there. As for the son, he's had this type surgery before. They took a calcified clod, a little bigger than a golf ball, out about 10 years ago. It didn't effect the brain, but did cost him his pituitary gland, some of his sight, and left him on all sorts of medication that he has to take everyday. But he did manage to finish college, get a job, and put it behind him. They just monitor his progress by MRI's every year. He should come thru this just fine.

When you get out here, drop me a note and I'll give you my phone number and we can hook up.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
Sounds good. I am about an hour and a half from Raliegh, I do some business there and know a little about the area. I might be able to get away up there when you are here, just drop me a pm if it looks like you are going to be able to go while here.

I know several people in and around Raleigh that may be able to put us onto a site other than a park.

OP
OP
nebstater

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nc-joe said:
Sounds good. I am about an hour and a half from Raliegh, I do some business there and know a little about the area. I might be able to get away up there when you are here, just drop me a pm if it looks like you are going to be able to go while here.

I know several people in and around Raleigh that may be able to put us onto a site other than a park.
Thanks for the offer. We'll see what transpires between then and now. Thanks for the offer.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about you son, Neb. I pray that he recovers quickly. :)
Those are some beautiful pictures you posted! Thanks!

Nana :)

OP
OP
nebstater

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nana40 said:
Sorry to hear about you son, Neb. I pray that he recovers quickly. :)
Those are some beautiful pictures you posted! Thanks!

Nana :)
Nana, thanks for your kind words. As for the pictures, they were just taken thru a window. Too damn cold to go outside. As you can see, it makes it a little hard to do any real serious swingin. I'm leaving it up to you warm weather people to find it for us. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread