Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before Christmas I did a post entitled Medieval finds from the Castle field, today we had arranged to go on a club dig but we had to drive past the Castle field on the way, As we approached the field we noticed the remaining crop had been removed so we decided if the club dig was no good we could drop back on the Castle field and that's what we did. It was a bit hard going the tractor had left big ruts, my fist decent find was a small roman bronze not quite sure of ID but I think it might be Constantine111 could not get a good picture of this will post a better one later, I worked my way down to the bottom of the field were I made my best find for a long time dating from the Iron age of Britton a Celtic Dragonesque Brooch this is the first piece from this era for me ,unfortunately the bottom of the Brooch and pin are missing but it is still a very rare find. TK ;D

Attachments

• C.jpg
    C.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 3,911
  • Dragonesque Brooch3.jpg
    Dragonesque Brooch3.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3,914
  • Brooch7.jpg
    Brooch7.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 3,888
  • Roman Coin.jpg
    Roman Coin.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 3,882
Upvote 2

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
A fantastic find, tyre kicker, thanks for posting--and thanks to all those who fleshed out the context so the Colonials could better understand the history and importance of the item.

And congrats on a well-deserved making of the Banner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread