My First Gold

bnsfhobo

Aug 29, 2007
Oklahoma City
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's M6
I was able to get out hunting for only the second time this month. I was working an older park in Oklahoma City and located an area away from the normal traffic with one large tree. As I began searching around it I began getting numerous hits. Within about thirty minutes I had pulled over $2.00 in clad from the ground all less than 1" deep (about 50 coins).
I decided to grid the area because this seemed like a strange place for a spill. Anyhow about 20 feet from the area where I found the clads I got a strong signal at 4" for nickel/pulltab/gold. Since I had found so much coin already, I thought "what the heck". I pulled a 3" plug and got the signal in the plug. Broke the plug in half and BAMM!!! This is my first gold on anykind. When I first saw the ring I thought it might be a childs toy. I cleaned up great and shows to be a 1/20th Troy Oz Panda coin ring. The date on the back of the coin is 1990.
This was a really good signal on my Ace 250 that showed 4 inches. I am really stoked and of course we now have five days of freezing weather that will keep me indoors dreaming of my next find.
Final Thought: Now when people stop me when I am hunting and ask "Find any gold??" I can answer "Not yet today"

Hugh in OKC

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,677
Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow!! That's an awesome ring! You are spoiled for sure now!! Congrats to you and hope you find many more!!

HH,
Moon

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to follow your instincts!
Fantastic find and congrats on making the banner.
Very cool ring.
Rob

hipmount

Oct 4, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
3" Keene suction dredge, 2 hand sluices, Garrett Gold Stinger, Whites 6000 di Pro (keeps on ticking) ~ Whites GMT ~ Fisher gold bug 2
Outstanding! ...... what a beauty. :o
Been MD'ing a bunch of years ...... haven't found a gold ring yet .... maybe I should take up quilting ... ;D
Congratulations ...... to be sure.

hip ~

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Congrad's on finding a VerY nice ring.
Tennessee Joe

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
First gold and its 24k!......WOW!....congrats on the "Five Juan" as well as the pile-o-clad.

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG..Congrats.. first gold..what a feeling eh ???

HH to all

bavarianminister

Dec 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett GTA1000, GTAX550, ACE250, Fisher 1212, Minelab X-terra, Whites DFX
Found with an ACE detector. Just goes to show you what a 200 dollar detector will do. If you can swing the coil over it - it will usually be found! You really need to send Mr. Garrett a note on this one.

Kudos to Mr. Garrett for such a fine machine!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W :o W!! That's truly a treasure there. Congrats on the find and making the banner. WTG!!

;) RR

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
I can Dig It! Congrats, J.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread