My First Gold

bnsfhobo

Aug 29, 2007
Oklahoma City
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's M6
I was able to get out hunting for only the second time this month. I was working an older park in Oklahoma City and located an area away from the normal traffic with one large tree. As I began searching around it I began getting numerous hits. Within about thirty minutes I had pulled over $2.00 in clad from the ground all less than 1" deep (about 50 coins).
I decided to grid the area because this seemed like a strange place for a spill. Anyhow about 20 feet from the area where I found the clads I got a strong signal at 4" for nickel/pulltab/gold. Since I had found so much coin already, I thought "what the heck". I pulled a 3" plug and got the signal in the plug. Broke the plug in half and BAMM!!! This is my first gold on anykind. When I first saw the ring I thought it might be a childs toy. I cleaned up great and shows to be a 1/20th Troy Oz Panda coin ring. The date on the back of the coin is 1990.
This was a really good signal on my Ace 250 that showed 4 inches. I am really stoked and of course we now have five days of freezing weather that will keep me indoors dreaming of my next find.
Final Thought: Now when people stop me when I am hunting and ask "Find any gold??" I can answer "Not yet today"

Hugh in OKC

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,676
Upvote 0

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
Wow! That is a really cool ring! Congrats on the first find! I am a bit jealous, haven't found mine yet.

HH
vegasmtl

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring. Look foreign. Some are very high content gold. Any markings inside.
Congradulations..............Gold is gold
Terry

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a Chinese Panda Coin.
I believe it is 999 Pure Gold

Although not real old Great find

Congrats !

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the first gold! I remember mine... I found it at the beach. I kept saying over and over, "I can't believe I actually found gold" :)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!!!!!!!!! What a fantastic find. Beautiful gold ring.
Welcome to TN, and congrats on making BANNER.
Way to go!
-MM-

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:D Nice way to start the New Year off!
Sometimes that pulltab signal just has to be dug if you want that gold. Question? Does it FIT? WTG HH

Desertfox

T

TreasurdiggrNY

First ever gold and it's a ring? FANTASTIC!!! Great Job, Congrats.
Glenn

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you lucky lucky dog..Hugh... does it fit ya? what a great find...When I find my first gold ring, it will be a 911 call... considering I got so excited over my standing liberty, I cannot imagine how I will be on a gold ring... my luck I will pass out wake up and ring and detector be gone... WONDERFUL FIND BANNERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first gold find and the banner.

NJ

K

KirkTN

Wow, that is a cool ring. I've only found to gold rings in the past, one small ladies band and one heavy wide ladies band, kinda had help on it, The lady had lost it 15 years before washing her dog and she knew within abut a 6' x 10' area where it might be. Congratulations. It puts me in the mood to dig more pulltab signals. Thanks for sharing.

P.s. I was born in McAlester and raised up near Indianola Okla. Still an Okie at heart.

KirkTN

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those were popular when I was growing up, I had one but it was a knock off gold plated one even those were a little high on the price end.
Nice find and congrats on the banner

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Man you rock! Just before the weather got really cold I was out at a park detecting and it started to rain.. I was so mad at not finding a ring that I put on my rain gear covered my detector and kept at it. I found that cold and rainy day not one but three rings..two junk and one ring dating back to the 1950s hand made and silver. Now I wear it the whole time, reminding my self that there are things out there worth something just waiting for us all... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread