Confessions from Costco

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Since I am, by nature, thrifty, I do a lot of shopping at Costco. On the way out, I often treat myself to a hot dog and soda for $1.50; not bad, especially since there are free refills on the soda! Okay, it's obvious I have a pathetic life, but humor me ;D. The ground has been frozen solid here for better than a week, so I've had to enjoy others' finds from more temperate regions. Someone was even so kind as to resurrect my "Twins" post from August; I enjoyed reliving that day! Anyway, back to Costco: after purchasing my Hebrew National, I was given this 43P war nickel in change. It's in really good shape, which makes me wonder if someone cashed in a roll of them; were it not for the long line of other gourmets like myself, I would have asked the cashier if there were any more like this one in her drawer. Had it been a Buff or V, I certainly would have anyway.

Attachments

• costco (2).jpg
    costco (2).jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,138
Upvote 0

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the nickle,but i'm right with ya Costco,got one right down the street,can't beat a dog & drink fore a buck and a half

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My kids LIVE for a 'dog and a bottomless drink from COSTCO. I usually go for a slice of pizza. Can't beat the price... It helps reduce the shock of all the other $$$ I spend there.

DCMatt

P.S. Nice nickel. It amazes me how many "old" nickels are still in circulation - if you look for them. That said I had to dig my '43 P out of the front yard of 1911 Sears & Roebuck house.

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
Funny ... I found a 1945S nickel last year in Costco by the electronics. I sure it was after a dog. (in fact I'm still enjoying my soda refill right now)

Brain

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
You just had to do it. No Costco's around here for miles. God I miss Costco >:(

Desertfox

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
desertfox said:
You just had to do it. No Costco's around here for miles. God I miss Costco >:(

Desertfox
I'll bet there are a few Sam's Clubs ;D.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Way to go!!
A good deal that's hard to beat.
Tn. Joe

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Hmmmm lets see...

A Hebrew national and a soda + a war nickel...

Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside...And it's 21 degrees outside...

Congratulations Henry,

Nick
Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me; otherwise, I could have provided a nice picture of the dog and soda ;D. Probably wouldn't measure up to those delicious dishes of yours, though! We're supposed to get into the '50's next week; that'll give me a warm fuzzy feeling!

P

Pentico

Hebrew National Hot Dogs
We answer to a higher authority!

Congrads on the war nickel!

ChrisP

Attachments

• beef_franks.gif
    beef_franks.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 598

THEBELLI

Nov 28, 2007
LONG ISLAND NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
CLASSIC ID5 WHITES
HAVE 2 COSTCOS WITHIN 10 MILES OF ME NOW SELLING 1 NICE METAL DETECTOR TO BUY HOT DOGS AND CHK NICKELS GOD I NEED WARM WEATHER FROZEN GROUND = NO DIGGING

mtbiker

Aug 24, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & White's PI
Ikea has great hotdogs for $.50!! Just think, you can go to a tot lot hunting for a few bucks in the woodchips and have money for lunch!!! HH!!!! ;D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread