Backyard finds.

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was able to get out for a few hrs today with my new silver umax. There is an old road that is grown over behind my house and I was able to pull these items out of the ground today. My first find was several old pieces of melted lead with rocks and other debris melted into it, then I found two pieces of two different horseshoes that look like rough castings before they are cleaned up, they are covered in slag and were found about 6 inches deep. I also found 4 brass casings, 2 of them say U.M.C C.O. NEW CLUB NO 12, 1 of them says"REM-UMC NO 12 SHURSHOT and the other says WINCHESTER NO 12 NUBLACK.

I looked up the shell casings and they all date between 1891 and 1929. Looks like I have a nice place to hunt right in my own backyard. The landlord I rent from owns 5 acres so I am looking forward to alot more finds. Thanks !

Attachments

• lead.jpg
    lead.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 551
  • horseshoe.jpg
    horseshoe.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 538
  • shotgunshell brass.jpg
    shotgunshell brass.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 532
Upvote 0

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
nothing like digging up history. it must be nice to be able to hunt right in your own backyard and come up with stuff.

keep up the good work.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll be surprised at what treasures you can find in you own backyard. Sounds like you have a great place to hunt. Good luck & happy hunting...keep us posted on those finds.

;) RR

OP
OP
RJH02

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found some more shotgun shells and a few more horseshoes and then I found this bullet , I almost gave up looking for it as it was almost impossible to find in the dirt , gravel and pine needles but I sure was happy when I finally found it. Can anyone help identify it?

Attachments

• bullet.jpg
    bullet.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 305
  • bullet 1.jpg
    bullet 1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 301
  • bullet 2.jpg
    bullet 2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 299

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread