The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit the same fields again this weekend and found a few keepers. The silver cross pendant was in the weeds on the side of a field on the surface. But, I didn't see it, the detector alerted me to its presence...sounded like a big trashy target that firmed up into a quarter signal...bent down to use the Sunray and saw it sitting there. The clasp was open and unbroken and the chain was tied in a knot. I think someone put it in their pocket and it fell out. It's the first "whole" pendant I've found :) The silver ring was on a sideline and the silver earring was in an open area back from the sidelines.

jan08_38.jpg

jan08_39.jpg

jan08_42.jpg
jan08_43.jpg

jan08_40.jpg

jan08_41.jpg

Hope everyone had a good weekend and thanks for lookin' :)

HH!
TBGO

Upvote 0

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
James Avery is a Texas Classic. My wife and I both wear Avery crosses. Both much smaller than what you found though. I don't find your cross pendant in his current catalog but you can contact his company at [email protected] or 1 800 283-1770. The following is his history:

James Avery pursues his passion every day. He leads a team of designers creating works of beauty and meaning for regular review meetings. Only the finest and most appropriate pieces are accepted into the product line.

“I don’t aspire to a yacht or a ranch,” he said. “This is my life. I enjoy coming to work.”

Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and raised in the Chicago area, James Avery was first introduced to the scenic Texas Hill Country, by way of the U.S. Air Corps. Cadet Avery landed in San Antonio where he was stationed at Lackland Air Force Base. Here he found inspiring surroundings and a “can do” attitude in the people.

James completed pilot training and commanded a B-26 bomber, surviving 44 missions over Germany. After World War II, he attended the University of Illinois and received a B.F.A. in Industrial Design. He pursued college level teaching, and while at the University of Colorado, he explored jewelry-making techniques with his students. In 1950, he thought about leaving the teaching profession. It was also about this time that he returned to the church after years of being a defensive agnostic.

“My renewed Christian commitment, along with my new decision to leave teaching, led to a new direction in my life. This is the reason so much of my work is Christian symbolism.”

In 1954, James spent the summer in Kerrville, Texas along with his wife, visiting his in-laws. “It was during this time that I decided to go into business.”

“I worked alone for three years. Ideas, plenty of hard work and prayers (not necessarily in that order) were the rule of each day.” Word spread and people found their way to the craftsman in the hills. Each one who came would be greeted personally and with cordial gratitude. It was in this setting that strong and lasting customer bonds developed, those on which this company would grow and build upon for over half a century.

The future looks promising for James Avery. Now with sons Chris and Paul aboard as President and Executive Vice-President, the company is in good hands with another 50 years to look forward to. One man’s dream has ignited the passion of an extended team carrying a product, a set of values, and a commitment to doing all things well across our land.

TE

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Wow! Looks like you had a great weekend. I'm happy for you. The cross pendant is a beauty.

Pepper :)

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the cross is a beaut. I wear an Avery butterfly. Nice finds for the weekend.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Those three Silver finds are going to make a great addition to you treasure collection. Silver is always nice to add to anyones collection and you got a threefer (AKA = 1 ring, 1 chain, and 1 metal). :)

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all! Actually, I remembered that I had found one whole pendant previously...in a football field a 1/4 mile away...

jan07_20.jpg

Ant said:
Those three Silver finds are going to make a great addition to you treasure collection. Silver is always nice to add to anyones collection and you got a threefer (AKA = 1 ring, 1 chain, and 1 metal). :)

Don't forget the earring...a "fourfer" :)

HH!
TBGO

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
The Beep Goes On said:
Thanks all! Actually, I remembered that I had found one whole pendant previously...in a football field a 1/4 mile away...

jan07_20.jpg

Ant said:

Don't forget the earring...a "fourfer" :)

HH!
TBGO
Hey I slipped on that one, thanks for point the fourfer , I shoud never miss a fourfer, I must be getting old .

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ant said:
Hey I slipped on that one, thanks for point the fourfer , I shoud never miss a fourfer, I must be getting old .

Lol ;)

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Looks like you had a great hunt. Fog or not you saw your way through to silver. Great finds, beautiful cross.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread