HollowPointred, The King & I -- 1733 in Nice Shape!

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
HollowPointred, The King & I -- 1733 in Nice Shape!

Had a great Saturday detecting with Hollowpointred, who came up from Deleware. You may have seen his post. He got some great coins. We were detecting a site along the Hudson River and I got a good, coin-sized signal and dug out this very nice King George II, 1733, my second KG II in two weekends (got 1730 weekend before). The back is much better than the front, which is fine with me since I'd prefer to be able to see the date on older coins. This is my best shape old coin ever for a clear date. Also pictured is a button with shield I found not long ago, it still has some gold coloring guilt on it, but hard to tell in the photo. It's almost as thick as a bottle cap. Bergie (Another plug for my contest, look under Games and Contests section...5th clue is coming on Thursday to find the large cent, 2 cent piece, V nickle and Merc dime I hid all in one place.)

Attachments

• 1733front.jpg
    1733front.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 468
  • 1733.jpg
    1733.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 461
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Re: HollowPointred, The King & I -- 1733 in Nice Shape!

Congratulations on two nice finds!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

thanks again for having me up Bergie. that was a great find. what is most amazing to me is to think that that coin was already in the ground at the time those pictures we were looking at were taken! ............i know i know, im kinda nerdy but that stuff always amazes me! ;D somehow i get the feeling that you will find a few more old colonial coins before the end of this years detecting season!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice KG Bergie. Anything with a readable date is a plus. I think that button is a New York State seal button. Nice find.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BERGIE!! :o Congrats on that coin! Love that button too! :o Looks like you two had a very successful hunt!

Nana :)

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Evolution said:
Nice KG Bergie. Anything with a readable date is a plus. I think that button is a New York State seal button. Nice find.

You're correct on the ID of this item--and it is a nice state button to have! Well done.

-Buckleboy

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900

Awesome Bergie ;D

TW

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

What a great coin! Those old coppers just don't seem to have traveled this far west :'(.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread