Diggin in Texas

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Monty and Burdie came down for the weekend (said somthing about running from the law, I dident ask)and we went to a few sights and had a great time. These are my finds Thats a 26 buffalo, a tent rope tensioner (old) a remminton high brass (pre 1911) a locket but not real old its plated, the little buckle is gold gilted, and the little cow face-I dont know what it came off of. The old watch chain is brass.

Attachments

• 100_0076.JPG
    100_0076.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 783
  • 100_0077.JPG
    100_0077.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 783
  • 100_0080.JPG
    100_0080.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 785
Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got knocked out of the picture but Burdie made it. Looks like a wanted poster so I guess I am lucky? We dug our hineys off at least for two old geezers and found lots of junque and crappe'. I had a '21 wheatie that was so bad I couldn't read the date until I got home and cleaned it. I found a small suspender buckle also and lots of big chunks of iron as I was digging in all metal mode on my Garrett machine most of the time. Texan connection really had a nice place and the area surrounding was a wealth of history and early events. We had a ball and the law never found us! M :D nty

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Texan,
You always manage to pull at least one keeper - very cool. But I think the law will catch up to you and those fugitives you are harboring. ;D :D

Bob

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Wow that was 1921 I feel a little more encouraged about that sight.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
You didnt get knocked out Monty...just pushed over....but dont worry ...I found you.....Looks like you guys had a great time!

Attachments

• Burdie and Monty.jpg
    Burdie and Monty.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 693

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Quantrell's raiders don't have anything over the Rowdy bunch. :D. Texan Connection the hideout was great but the cactus bed was not such a great idea. The big topic of the day was the big hunt in Lousiana. It will be the place to be.
Wow what a great place to hunt. Thank you for allowing us to come down. I will post the old pocket watch when I get it cleaned. I am still not sure it might be gold.
Got to keep moving. ;) :)
Burdie

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what it's all about guys. Looks like fun.

As long as you're runnin' from the law, at least you have a nice car to run in. Bonnie and Clyde ain't got nothin' on you guys.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's my "Diggin' Durango" that I bought from our last heist....uh I mean that I bought from all the clad I found last year! :o I'll have to do a narrative about our trip. Two old fat guys on a road trip was quite amusing. In spite of a GPS unit and a roadmap we still got lost! When we got there we didn't know where we were, and when we left we didn't know where we'd been! :D M ::) nty

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Wonderful hunt. I am glad the Law was still looking for you in OK.lol
Joe

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Nice finds there. I am really looking forward to some warm weather up here so I can get my kids into the hobby. I take them with me when I hit a park and they have something to keep them interested or occupied. They want their own detector now that they see you can find money in the ground.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWW! I miss you guys! Loved seeing the photo, though! :) Sounds like a good time!

Congrats on those finds! Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread