Latest finds from the Virgin site in Virginia

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey Guys went back to the Virgin site this past Wednesday and came back with some silver again. This time I was joined by my buddy Derrick. I was out there four abou 3.5 hours and found 2.00 plus in change. I also cleaned up on wheat cents. I found a 1925 wheatie, 1930, and various dates in the 40's and 50's. I also found a ladies lipstick with a steel case. I don't know what year they made metal lipsitck cases but I am sure it was a few years back. The Highlight was digging up a 1941 P Walking Liberty Half Dollar. Derrick could'nt believe it he thought I was bringing stuff to the hunt and pretending to dig it up. I can't blame him because sometimes I have to pinch myself too. THIS PLACE IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! I have included some pics for you all to fiest your eyes on, albeit not of the best quality. I will take suggestions on how to provide better pics. Thanks for readin'

-Golden Silver

Attachments

• pennies.jpg
    pennies.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 541
  • walker front.jpg
    walker front.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 535
  • walker back.jpg
    walker back.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 532
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No one knows how sweet it is except for you...awesome find mate!

HH!
TBGO

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey thanks for the replies! So you guys recommend digging everything but nails? Right now I have just been digging anything that comes up as 550 (possible silver) on the soveriegn meter. I figured I would clean the park of silver and then go back for the indian heads, buffalos, V-nickels as well as rings. What do you all suggest? Can't wait to hear the replies. Keep diggin guys!

-Golden Silver

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Its a good way to start...shoot for the coins...but eventually you gotta get to the nitty-gritty and dig all the targets !

For certain theres old gold there to !!
Nice walker half !! ;)

Congrats and HH !

D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread