Buckle 005.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 747
Upvote 0

PLUMB50

Apr 10, 2007
MANASSAS VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250.whites blue &gray. metrotect.
LOOKS LIKE A HINGE TO A TRUNK TO ME. HAVE ONE ON ONE OF MY OLD TRUNKS. ???

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't believe it's a hinge, but it could be..It has a slot on the left side for a belt to run through.The piece on the right is missing the slot for the belt.It was silver plated at one time I think.All of the decorative trim on the face has fallen off except for one spot.

Lee43

Oct 29, 2006
East central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
I really believe it is a Sash Buckle, have dug a few in Civil war camps, believe most belonged to the ladies. You can see the solder spots for a hook on each side of the buckle and the sash would pass through the loop that is still attached..........

PLUMB50

Apr 10, 2007
MANASSAS VA
Detector(s) used
Hill Billy,
Now that I studied it a little more ,It does look like a ladies sash buckle :o

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty danged cool! How many yards separated were the two halves?

-Buckleboy

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
BuckleBoy said:
That's pretty danged cool! How many yards separated were the two halves?

-Buckleboy
Well i found the one half with you out back towards the creek last time you and i dug.The other half i had found up front by the road at the oldtrailer.Same ridge top at opposite ends.So I'd say 1/2 mile or so apart.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. 1/2 mile. That's pretty crazy...

O.k. all you folks that found a C.S. tongue or wreath and are looking for the other half...now you know that it CAN be done. :)

Nice post, H.B.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experience this rarely if at all happens - so well done.

I did last year get another half of a medieval spur rowel over a year since the other piece. Same field though.

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone for the comments.The green side had been urinated ans crapped on for years.The other side was in clean soil without all the negatives being dumped on it.

PLUMB50

Apr 10, 2007
MANASSAS VA
Detector(s) used
look what i found. it kind of matchs yours :o!!!!!

Attachments

• 130201888959_1_0_1.jpg
    130201888959_1_0_1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 294
  • 130201888959_2_0_1.jpg
    130201888959_2_0_1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 286

PLUMB50

Apr 10, 2007
MANASSAS VA
Detector(s) used
its on e-bay :o :o :o :o right now under civil war buckles. I really don't think that one is civil war though.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that is probably the coolest story that I have read today.......>So you found the other pieces months ago, and 1/2 mile away. That is truly amazing. The rider probably lost one half and the other clung on until it too finally fell off on down the road. I have heard about and dug relics that have been hundreds of yards seperated from their original spot or origin but a half mile sounds like maybe some scenario like I suggested above......HMM Either way Great Job!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
{Sentinel} said:
Well that is probably the coolest story that I have read today.......>So you found the other pieces months ago, and 1/2 mile away. That is truly amazing. The rider probably lost one half and the other clung on until it too finally fell off on down the road. I have heard about and dug relics that have been hundreds of yards seperated from their original spot or origin but a half mile sounds like maybe some scenario like I suggested above......HMM Either way Great Job!! ;) ;) ;) ;)
Hey bud ,I live on a 300 acre farm here in Ky. that has 8 old homesites on it.Only one home is still standing.Buckleboy and KFB can attest to the walks and distances between each home.I would guess the two sites where each halve was found are close to a half mile apart.I wish I had one to compare it to.It looks like it had a nice decorative trim on the front.Also has a small amount of silver plating i think on the front of one half.Looks as if it had a center piece fastened in the middle(coin,bone, ???)

PLUMB50 said:
its on e-bay :o :o :o :o right now under civil war buckles. I really don't think that one is civil war though.
I agree.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet Job HB.....Look's like a perfect match!!I Love when that happen's!!...Congrat's and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread