Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my old highschool today and checked out what use to be the smoke hole.? Looks like it is still in use although smoking on campus was outlawed several years ago.? Picked up quite a bit of clad. There should be some silver out there probably deeper. Used my ACE 250, but just got my Garrett GPI2500Pro and will go back and dig some deeper targets. Didn't see any telltale signs of anyone else digging there.

Attachments

• DSC00050.jpg
    DSC00050.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 359
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good run! I went to my childhood playground and found 10 pennies, 3 dimes, A quarter, a toy, a whats it, and a spoon. Gave a penny to a little 4 year old girl watching me. You found more than me but I still had fun.

Keep it up HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 307
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 306
OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's still dozens of targets there deeper than 6" but I wanted to cull off the shallow stuff first so it wouldn't mask the deeper ones. I'm still seeking silver!

R

rvbvetter

WOW! You did great! Looks like a couple of pennies were on the verge of wheats. WTG!!
Update us when you've went back. Anxious to see your finds.

I've never been back to my alma matte Whatsa Matta U
I think the deans name was Boris and his wife, Natasha HH

KngFhearts

Apr 1, 2005
CA
Nice finds, always nice to have a few spots of your own. Someone has started hunting the park that I've been working for a month now (I can see the "digs")...time to expand my horizons.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!

You did good today!

All I got today was two pennies and a whole butt load of pull tabs! ::) ........oh yeah.....and two bullets! :D

:) Nana :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Awesome amount of digs,,,WTG!!!
I tried my old high school just the other day, like to have blow-ed my eardrums out from all the trash. I might save hunting there sometime when things slowdown...
Good luck on the silver, & happy hunting~

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
way to go Jimmy, i had thought of visiting the old high school in my old hometown, i also thought while i''m down that way i might try to get permission to check the houses that my parents grew up at, i thought that would be cool to possibly find something my parents may have dropped over 60 years ago :).

Pat.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice totals!! Looks like you education at that school is finally "paying off"!!!!!!

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've stayed around this area except when I was away in the service. I grew up here and there are so many places to detect. I know where things use to be 50 years ago and generally what has transpired since. The town was small enough when I was a teenager that I couldn't get away with anything because everyone knew me and my Dad. Now we have close to 30,000 people!

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Congrad on the finds...I need to go back to my old grade school, word has it there were time capsules buried about 40 years ago and from what I hear, the school doesn't remember where at...wish me luck!!!Pepperpump ;)

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Would be neat to find that old time capsule. Most buildings in my area have corner stones with artifacts from the time the building was built. Sometimes the things are just buried under a corner of the building. I seldom read about one being opened or found and it makes me think the demolition crew secretly gets them or.....? They usually contain newspapers and letters from the Mayor, perhaps some photographs, etc., usually nothing in the way of treasure as a metal detector would describe it. But some of those things I would value above $$$ or gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread