Rings! Me found rings, me hardies!

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
I am a bit stoked this evening! I went out to a local park/beach, one of them "hunted out" places ya know. I found 2 silver rings, a silver earing, and another non value dolphin earing. The earring with the screw on it and the missing stones I think is old, because I never seen anything like it. Anyone have any clues or seen this type of earing before?? One of the rings looks like it is made out of silver ware ..like a bent up spoon or something. Anyhow It took about 4 hours to find these, and ALOT of pull tabs!!!!!!!!!!!! The park ranger guy even came up to me and said he really liked how I was covering my holes, and taking the garbage with me. He was pretty impressed. He said he usually sees 2 to 3 detectors there per week lol. So I think its been picked over pretty well. I figured this so I was digging pretty much everything. He said most of the detectorists than come destroy the park and he has to have WORDS with them. Even though it took much longer to be extra careful with the lawn, it was worth it and he said i am welcome back anytime! Ok back to the rings, sorry..im just excited! My first rings, and all silver! Im ready for gold now please! LOL Again please let me know if anyone has seen these earings with screws in them...at least I think its an earing lol, the park ranger guy said he thinks thats what it is , I didnt have a clue what it was. Thanks for lookin, and yall have a good week! Oh ya.....and I didnt find any WHEATIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally!!!

Attachments

• ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 499
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 503
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 512
  • ring4.jpg
    ring4.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0

SantaFeNM

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2005
Santa Fe, NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
FANTASTIC finds, Mystro!!! What a great story about the ranger!

Just curious, who has jurisdiction over this park? Local, State, Federal??

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice finds!!!
Thats a cool deal about ya taking the time to restore the area, and getting praised for it,,, WTG!!!
Sounds like ya might have made yourself a good friend. Keep up the good work...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!.........Congrats!............... ;D

I'm just going to guess on the earring.....I remember my Grandmother (God rest her soul) had earrings that fit like that. It was for the ladies that wanted to wear earrings, but didn't want the hole in the ear..... one side on the front of the earlobe and the other side you would screw on the back of the earlobe till it was snug enough not to fall off.....

Nana ;)

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
I concur with Nana about the earring. I remember those from back in the day. Great finds!

vicki

Sorry about the double post but couldn't find any way to cancel out the second one!

F

Floater

Mystro YOUR THE MAN.!!!! Thanks for making us all look good again and CONGRATULATIONS on the finds. Those are GREAT. HH

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings, and good job being a responsible detectorist! Now, get back there and get the rest of those sweet rings! WTG!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Mystro, if my memory serves me correctly the spoon shape held some stones in them at one time-probably costume type w/the foilcoating on the back to make them sparkle a little better. Kind of a pre-CZ type. But congrats on the silver! Keep diggin that way and help keep up the good name in MDing. Makes us all proud. 8) stoney56

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Mystro and congrats on the rings! HH, Mike

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those dolphins are really intelligent animals wearing earrings and all. Heck, I didn't know they had ears. Sneaky devils they are! :D :D :Dl

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mystro7,

Congrats on the finds !And I'm proud of you for filling in those holes.Those people who leave open holes give the rest of us a bad name.

Huntin'59er

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions