Back to the old farmhouse site, silver coin...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back on the old farm site today, spent an hour there and was finding some things then went over to the field beside it and only found one coin in an hour so I went back to the old farmhouse area. This site should be hunted out but it keeps on giving it up, it amazes me and always attracts me back because of the relics and coins I have found here. I take every piece of trash out of it and it just keeps on giving, will be a sad day if I actually hunt it out, LOL. Here’s the finds, found this small clay pot sticking out of the ground, flipped it over with my shovel and it came out in two pieces.
23Feb08claypot.jpg

A few eye finds, three glass beads, the smallest is a modern bead but the other two are old or very old.
23Feb08glassbeads.jpg

Some buckles, buttons and stuff.
23Feb08buckles.jpg

The lead finds, two bullets, a pistol ball and a round flat lead piece.
23Feb08lead.jpg

A nice 50 gm weight with several quality stamps, a harness rivet with the petrified leather still intact and a broken religious pendant.
23Feb08weight.jpg

A few copper coins, found a few crusty coins as well.
23Feb08coins.jpg

Obverse of a 1923 brass/aluminum 2 Franc French coin. I took a dremel brush to it and cleaned it up.
23Feb08francO.jpg

Reverse of the 2 Franc coin.
23Feb08francR.jpg

It is just a tiny little coin but it is a silver 1838 or 1835. I put a Mercury Dime beside it for size comparison. Unfortunately it is only .166 silver. The obverse.
23Feb08sil1838O.jpg

Reverse of the silver. Was a beautiful day in the low 50sF with some wind, perfect detecting weather. HH, Mike
23Feb08sil1838R.jpg

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old silver there, buddy! One day I will actually take my detector over there when I travel...I've been to Europe six different summers for at least five weeks each trip. No detecting yet. :(

It would be an awesome experience to never know what I would dig next. Even Euro would be a neat surprise.

Regards,

Buckleboy

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome find's as alway's Mike,the tiny silver is great.Is there any way to tell what the stamp's on the weight all mean.....pretty interesting piece.Congrat's and HH!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds, Mike! I'd be happy with just finding one of those old coins in a day!!!!

Nana ;)

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for sharing Mike Congrats on your silver

t.p

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread