Son Of a Cow Dog, would you look at this crap.

K

KirkTN

Brother John Whooped me again. He found 5 eagle buttons today and I found this crap  :-[ well, not all of it's crap. What you're about to see are my humble share of todays finds.
I like the flat button, don't know what era it is, do you? The other button/rivet has 4 W's with what looks like the top of a capitol bldg. between each W. Era? Don't know what the ornate piece with the rose is either. and how about the stirrup. What era do you think it is. Oh yea I have been wanting to find a harmonica reed in one piece, found two instead in the same hole.

Attachments

• relids40%.jpg
    relids40%.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,389
  • buttons55%.jpg
    buttons55%.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 2,380
  • ornate piece25%.jpg
    ornate piece25%.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2,376
  • stirrup30%.jpg
    stirrup30%.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2,339
Upvote 0

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds KirkTN,
You must have forgotten to load the pic with the crap. All I see is treasure.

I must do some research on your buttons ;D
Mike

OP
OP
K

KirkTN

Thanks yall,

trikikiwi, I'd appreciate any info you find on the buttons.

KirkTN

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk,

I see treasures too. I would love to find some more harmonica reeds. The buttons are really neat, I can't help you with them, but somebody will be along to help ID them. I think you had a great day hunting.

;) RR

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mate, I'm guessing the Stad'd button is British by the spelling of colour.

I am very new at trying to id buttons, but I know you will receive the right info from others here.

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Crap? Crap??? That's HISTORY my friend. Way to go!!!

Oh, what kind of spoon is that?

Ray

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goes with the territory. I like the hard work as it builds anticipation for the good stuff. It has parrells with fishing. I never liked fishing lakes stocked with thousands of fish (too easy). I like big rivers & stalking specimen fish. Takes longer with many blanks but the rewards are far greater!!

May you have many more cr*p days followed by your due reward :-* ;D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i dunno, i like the button, reeds and that suspender clasp. they may not be coins but they are still cool relics. nice finds!

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Wow elk brand, I found a buck brand, and a hawk brand today. Whats up with those buttons?

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
K

KirkTN

The spoon does have writing on the back I'll try to get a picture. I think the pointed knife lookin' object is a scalpel. TC I don't know about the elk brand button, can't find any info on it, or any thing on the back mark history of the flat button. I thought it was maybe collonial? I am feelin' better about the finds today. Thanks everybody. If you have any more ID info on anything let me know :)

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
triwikki let me know what you find out about the colours button as I have one very similar. the word colours is on the back but not on the outer part. it is on an inside circle.

OP
OP
K

KirkTN

TreasureTales said:
Nice pile of "crap."  I'd be quite happy to find those things.

I'm winging it here, but I think the ornate item with the rose is a Suspender Clip.   Looks maybe Victorian era.
The stirrup looks to be from an English saddle.

What I'd like to know, what is that spike thingy?  

Love the harmonica reeds.  Happy you found them and can now add them to your shadow box.      

The spoon is very nice.  Is there any info on the reverse?  
Ray in CA said:
Crap? Crap??? That's HISTORY my friend. Way to go!!!

Oh, what kind of spoon is that?

Ray

TreasureTales & Ray In CA. here's a pic of the backmark on the spoon. Lookin' at it with a 10x glass it says "PAT.SEPT 31'06 ROGERS NICKEL SILVER"  The hardest one to make out is the 3 on 31 but it's a 3 as best as I can tell. Now, Brother John who now has better than 20 20 after lasik is sure it say SEP 11'06 that's was what I first thought too before I got to lookin' so hard. Thought maybe I was just wantin' it to say 11 because of the significance of the date in todays times. So there you have it.
Thanks KirkTN

Attachments

• ROGERSSPOONBACKMARK50%.jpg
    ROGERSSPOONBACKMARK50%.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,757

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread