LeeAnn recovered a cool 14K Gold wedding band today!

P

Pentico

The weather was nice here in Colorado today so we had to get out again. 64 was the high while we were out this morning. Now I have been a little under the weather the last few days, so I wanted to hang close to the house just in case I needed to drive the porcelain bus. Nice little county park just down the road so we said what the heck let's hit it. First thing LeeAnn pulls out of the ground is a key chain with the numbers 2007 in Rhine stones. (not Pictured) Next is a 1967 dime. Next a little charm with the words " TUNA BREATH" Then Findo the Ace 250 had a really hard high bell, 4" down so we started digging, 2" down was ice but we chipped away at it slowly, and bingo out comes this ring. Didn't think it was as cool as it is till we got home and washed it in soapy water. Now I am sorry about not getting a good picture but right now we are learning to medal detect and not working on photography. LOL
We think this has to be very old as one side of the ring has a lot of wear to it. The letters in side the ring are "FLM to D R P" and 14K no date. Still the ring is very small and the wear on one side looks to have been next to another ring for a few years. Plus it just looks old! Any way it is our first GOLD ring of 2007.
Had a blast as all ways with my wife. Can't wait for spring to hit here. It is fun to get out in Colorado in February but you can only dig so far in the frozen tundra! We have some old places to hit this summer that are just waiting for us to show up too. We want to buy anouther Medal detector just don't know what to get yet. Any ideas that would compliment the Ace 250?
Love reading all the posts of treasures you all post here on TNet!
Chris & LeeAnn
2ColoNuts

Attachments

• 02 24 2008.JPG
    02 24 2008.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 589
Upvote 0

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds but the pictures are a little blurry

OP
OP
P

Pentico

Wow I thought we would get a a few replys to our post.
MY BAD!
Sorry for getting all excited about the gold ring.
Maybe I was wrong to post here on TNet, forgive us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You folks have a great day, God Bless and good by. :'(
Chris & LeeAnn
2ColoNuts

R

RUDY2003

Rings are my favorite thing to find too. When I dig one, gold, silver, fake or real it's a thrill.
Keep diggin....

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
No need to be so sensitive. The msgs, at least for me, seem to order pretty strangely. So a lot of folks just plain not have seen it. For instance, I was reading the board pretty consistently yesterday and didn't notice it until just now. Working on clear pics would probably help response volume a good bit too. That said...

Looks like you had a fun day out. I got nailed with a bad case of flu so I've been living vicariously through others' posts.

My suggestion for a complement to the Ace would be a used Minelab Sovereign. If you're patient can pick one up for about $250 or so. (Of course I'd strongly suggest picking up the SunRay probe for it too, which would add more $.)

I keep wondering where the sign in your avatar was taken at and what the circumstances were? I find it amusing when I see it.

_Rich_

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the gold! I haven't found one yet this year but that inspires me to keep on pluggin' :)

HH,
Nat

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got the gold. It sure make your heart thump when you see that gold...Great find there!

DANGLANGLEY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread