Rain and Gold Guys

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
What's up guys. Did get to get out this weekend finally. Hunted for about 5hrs total over the weekend. Didn't do great but not bad. I went out saturday to a old wooded area. Me and my brother and son got to the spot. Turned the detectors on and I found 3 wheats on the first hole. 10 minutes later a brutal storm came through. I have a weather beater on my detector and my brother doesn't. The rain got so hard we went back to the car. It cleared over in about 15 mintes and we went back out.

It was slow for the most part for our hunt. I got a solid plus 16 on the dfx dug down about 4 inches and out popped this gold pin. I need some help with this one guys. Here's what it says. On the front It says going around the building you see in the middle is this. Officers Training camp. But camp is below the building. Under where it says camp it says Madison Barracks then a sheild below it and has the date 1917 in it. When turned to the back it says at the top a co I haven't figured out what it says yet. The first word looks like it says Tonic. At the bottom it is stamped 10 K.

If any of you know what this might be exactly and could tell me more would be cool. That was my best find for the weekend. It was slow. I got 5 wheats 1 indian and a navy button I think. One with the anchor on it.

Still wasn't a bad weekends worth. I love to find gold in any form. These pins and things aren't something you see everyday. It could have just been a class ring. I'll add it with the rest and hope you all can tell me more.

Good Luck guys Jer

Attachments

• Rain and Gold 1.jpg
    Rain and Gold 1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 306
  • Rain and Gold 1 backside.jpg
    Rain and Gold 1 backside.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 307
  • Rain and Gold.jpg
    Rain and Gold.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Rain and Gold 2.jpg
    Rain and Gold 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 360
  • Rain and Gold 3.jpg
    Rain and Gold 3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
WOW!! What a bunch of great relics you found! I'd love to find a site like that! Don't know anything about the pin though.

Vicki

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

No idea on the pin ? but I bet Buchram will id it for you ASAP. Meanwhile WTG on that find ;D ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What 'chu mean....You didn't do great? ! Those are some really GREAT finds! Looks like you had a GREAT weekend! ;D

Nana ;)

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hi all and thanks. Thanks for the links omnicognic. It was really interesting and looked like some great sites to metal detect. It said only 2500 officers where trained at this camp during 1917. I wonder how many of these were issued. 2500 would seem like a low amount to me if one was given to every guy. I'll read into it some more. I have to try and figure out what the company stamped on the back says. It's hard to read and looks German maybe.

I wanted you guys to look at this relic in the 4th pic in the top right side. I thought it was a compact of some sort right. Then I realized it's a cup that comes out. It's pretty neat. Got some designs on it. It would fold right back up like a compact for makeup and go right into your pocket. I guess you could take it fill it with some cleaner creek water and have a drink anytime.

I have to clean it up and more pictures need to be posted to show all it's dimensions. I'm still working on revising my picks and i will go through soon and edit some of them so you guys can see them better. It takes alot of time to cut them and get them ready. So with the time I have they might be zoomed in to much but I can at least get that up and it doesn't take me forever.

Thanks again for all the help. HH Jeremy

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very cool digs!!! as usual Jer... WTG!!!
Do I smell another cache com'n on... ;D

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot omnicognic and everyone else. I appreciate the links on the cup. Didn't know they where that valuable. Going to clean this one up and put it with the better relics. Glad I can count on you guys to tell me what I have found.

Thanks again if there's anything I can do to help anyone just give me a hollar.

HH Jeremy

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks Allen. I guess what I mean is that if I don't bring my A game with me it's hard to find stuff at certain spots. It was just one of those weekends where nothing came easy. Stuff was small deep and we had to walk alot of woods to get the stuff. I prefer having a spot with at least 15 or 20 old coins. I can just concentrate on hunting a few acres. But you have to walk alot of woods to find these little nooks I like to call them hot spots or pockets. I'll find one soon.

They don't come every weekend. It takes me a few weeks or so to stumble onto something. It's just as hard for me to find treasure like the rest of the guys here. My area has alot of hunters. My skills on the unit and the knowledge I have over the ordinary guy to adjust it properly helps alot also. I pick up what they missed all the time.

Still haven't got this pin I.D yet. Still hoping someone knows a little more about it. Omnicognic helped alot getting me on the right path. I would like to know other specs. Like why where they given. How many where given. Maybe a value idea. Just stuff like that to help me understand it more.

Thanks for all the help. HH Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread