Seated Half Dime, Another First :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,
Here's another first for me... It's an 1853 Seated Half Dime? It has the arrows and if I'm not misstaken the "Seated Half Dimes" only had the arrows from 1853 to 1855. I 'm pretty sure I can see whats left of a 3 on the end of the date?.. There has been some type of pin soldered to the top, and what looks like what's left of a loop on the bottom. The back is worn completely smooth, like it has rubbed against something for quite a while... Looks to have been used as a buckle?, or a bracelet?.. In the bottom pic is an 1887 IH I found today also, and then the half dime, and for a size comparison, the seated dime I found the other day... I know I said one of my goals for the summer was anything seated, but I think I'll move that up to a seated that actually looks like a seated... ;D
I take 'em, how ever they come...
Good luck to all, & Happy hunting~

P.S.>Just Noticed this, I said " The back is worn " my rookieness is shinning through... :-[
The Reverse is worn smooth.... ;D

Attachments

• 051605.JPG
    051605.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Nice going Leon. Probably was a love token of some type. Was probably made smooth on the one side on purpose and then engraved. Great find...Lance

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations, Leon. Sounds like you had a good day! Is there anything engraved on it?

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Leon! Too bad about the seated, but hey, it's still a seated something, so you met your goal! And the IH is just icing on the cake for a nice days hunting! WTG!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!! I am still searching for my first seated in any condition!! HH

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm jealous!!!!!!! :o That is on my need to dig list ! congrats

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Leon. It's a good find no matter what condition. It's hurting for sure but it's still a seated. I know what you mean. It feels as though it doesn't count because it's so terrible.

Seated coins are the toughest to find. Get back to that spot and maybe there's a friend somewhere.

Good Luck HH Jeremy

BRINK

Oct 21, 2004
VERY.......NICE......WTG.......You da man Leon.....
I've got to get out more...... Your so far out in front,
of me....I think I'm in the lead...... HH BRINK

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks all,,,
Nope, there isn't anything engraved on it, haupin,,, that I can tell... The reverse has been worn completely smooth, other than some scatches. Don't get me wrong, I am still hyped up over finding this one, it was very unexspected, as I guess a lot of them are... I'll take'em like this all day long... It's just that if I knew I was going to accomplish my gaol so quick, I would have set it a little higher... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread